R, Both Buyer and Seller in Oregon City, OR

Home valuation: I'm looking for a reasonable home evaluation in the Milwaukie, OR area.

Asked by R, Oregon City, OR Tue Sep 2, 2008

My parents-in-laws are using zillow and real-estate.com which I understand are more on the high side and don't utilize for sale by owner data for an accurate price.

They want X price and I say the agreed upon price for our partnership is too high based on current market. Hoping a reasonable and accurate home appraisal will fit the bill.

What experience do you have with your suggestion? Do they provide an accurate report of at least 3 comparable homes/w prices that can be shown in the report for proof?

Answers

2
Dirk Knudsen, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Tue Sep 2, 2008
Get an appraisal. They are all going to come in between $300 and $400 dollars. Values are coming in all over the map and to be honest appraisers are coming in pretty low as they are scared right now of being to high in what appears to be a downward market.

If there is a loan than there was likely aleady an appraisal done. It might make a little savings if you contact the firn that did the last appraisal and have them do the appraisal again. A good lender in your area may be of some help as well in terms of giving you a referral. The State of Oregon Real Estate Agency also keeps a list of the names of all licensed appraisers.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes. This is the right way to go as Zillow is not very accurate at this time.

regards;

Dirk Knudsen
Re\Max Metro
503-799-8383
Web Reference:  http://www.nwhomcenter.com
Jean Pritcha…, , Gresham, OR
Tue Sep 2, 2008
I can recommend a couple licensed home appraisers who would give you accurate comperable information of homes comparable to yours that have sold in the last 3 to6 months. They do use 3 or 4 homes that are comparable in thier report. They also take into consideration any closing cost paid by the seller for the buyer (as many have called me to verify these issues).

As a licensed Realator, I utilize the same information the appraisers use, including homes that are sold "for sale by owners". This information is all available through county records. Keeping in mind that the condition of the home, size, age and proximity are all important items to consider when you are doing a market analysis. Zillo and Real Estate.com, do not take into condiseration the condition of the home, etc, they usually only use location and sq. ft. in their analysis of price.

I'd be glad to give you a Market Analysis at no cost to you if you'd like. My direct number is
Jean Pritchard
Principal Broker
John L Scott PTL
503-680-4449
http://www.johnlscott.com/jeanp