Hi, is this a reasonable price for this area?

Asked by hoisum2011, Washington Sun Jun 10, 2012

Answers

6
Gudguy1, Home Owner, Washington, DC
Sun Jul 22, 2012
Hoisum2011, this is a late answer and I live in the building (Forest Hills Veazey Terrace NW D.C.) I believe you are referring to - the answer is yes, for this coop building of 466 units. Many folks, including us, moved from the adjoining apartment buildings to the coops and a few folks to the adjoining condos (this is a complex of apts, coops & condos).
The prices dipped a bit for this building earlier this year but apparently rose again, as indicated by #1322, which has less square footage than what we have and it is on a lower floor.

Hope this helps.
Gudguy
Ericka S. Bl…, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Hey Hoisum2011,

The average cost for 1 bedroom condos currently listed in the MRIS is $354,800. Here are three condos that are lower then the average listing prices for the Forest Hills area. I found one for $220,000.
http://mrislistings.mris.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?k=304…

Let me know if you are interested in checking any of these places out. If not, just call me at (202) 670-6677 and I can narrow the search to meet your new home preference.

Talk to you soon,
Ericka
Mariano Aiel…, Home Buyer, Washington, DC
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Hi, a cheap price for a 1/1 in this area is about $ 70k
Wayne Johnson, Agent, WA,
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Hi! I live a couple blocks from Forest Hills myself and would be glad to help you with the house prices in this section of the city. Some are quite beautiful and yet so convenient to Connecticut Avenue and Rock Creek Parkway. If you want to contact me at waynej@kw.com, I can provide you with additional information. Kind regards!
Juliet Zucker, Agent, Washington DC, DC
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Forest Hills is a beautiful, convenient, and secluded neighborhood in Washington DC. Home prices there are among the highest in the city. I'd be happy to provide you with a competitive market analysis (CMA) showing comparable properties that are active, under contract, and recently sold. That is the best way to determine if an asking price is reasonable. Please contact me and provide the property address -- Text/call me at 202-491-5220 or email to Juliet@longandfoster.com. Best wishes.
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Hi hoisum2011. It would help if you included the link for the property that you are referring to. I can help you contact miekeba@heymannrealty.com with the address and I will provide you with a comparative market analysis to help you price the place.