Hi, Any reason I should not an exclusive buyers agent? Thanks

Asked by younessi, New York, NY Fri Nov 30, 2012

Answers

7
The United H…, Agent, Mansfield, TX
Tue Dec 4, 2012
"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

It is important if you expect your agent to work for you to the best of their ability you commit to them 100% as they will to you. When you're ready to start looking please feel free to hit me up. I could send you over a comprehensive list of properties available based off of your search criteria. Thank you.

3xUS Army Veteran
Joseph Fernandez
cell: (817)975-7258
off: (817)635-1157
website: http://www.blissful-estates.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Great idea. We can show all listed homes in most cases.
As members of the board of realtors we have electronic access keys that allow us to show any other realtors listings in most cases.

Call me when you are ready to start looking.

You can see homes for sale in Plano at this link.
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/community/area/Plano/
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Hi, You should have an agent that represents your best interest all of the time. The sellers agent represents theirs and anything you say can and will be used against you in a negotiation. There is no way to properly represent a buyer and a seller at the same time and have both of their best interest in mind.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Melissa Hail…, Agent, Plano, TX
Fri Nov 30, 2012
I'm not sure of the specific real estate laws in NYC, but here in the DFW area I would highly recommend using a buyers agent to represent you exclusively. The agent that has the property listed for sale or lease is working on behalf of their client (the owner/seller/landlord)....they are NOT working with YOUR best interest in mind. However, if you hire a Realtor to represent you as a buyer - your agent has the duty to keep your best interests at heart. Your agent will work for you, and help ensure that you know what your rights are and what is usual/customary in your area for specific situations so that you are not taken advantage of.

Many times there is no cost to you for buyer representation as the commission is collected from the seller (and/or their agent). Some people think that they will get a better deal when purchasing a home if they don't hire a Realtor to work for them. This is simply not true. The seller will be paying a commission to their agent based on an agreement between the two of them...and it usually includes the fee for the buyers agent. If there is no buyers agent, the listing agent is still entitled to the full fee - so it doesn't save the seller any money.

Definitely hire a Realtor to work for you....even if you are buying new construction (because the builder sales person works for the builder, not you).

Melissa Hailey
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry Realtors
214-418-0180
Melissa.Hailey@ColdwellBanker.com
Thanks for all the answers. I am actually looking to buy in Texas. Currently in NYC.
Flag Fri Nov 30, 2012
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Younessi,

I would highly recommend hiring an agent to find your property. It comes at no cost to you, plus you get expert help in every step of the way in home buying process including during negotiations. The other agent who represents the seller is looking for the benefit of the seller and not you. A buyer agent will look after you.

I work with both buyers and sellers so I know what comes in each packet. I share my knowledge to my clients, buyers or sellers, so they have a better understanding on their transaction. If you'd like to learn more about myself, home buying process in Texas, the most current available homes, and more check my website at http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net.

Take care,

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Sherry Renfr…, Agent, Frisco, TX
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Hi Younessi-

You want to make sure you are comfortable with your agent. A buyers only agent is someone who doesn't want to deal with listing a home because it's hard work and time consuming. They prefer to just represent the buyer since its easier.

My personal opinion is you receive the value and experience of a well rounded agent, one who does it all such as myself, and benefits you more as a buyer when negotiating with the sellers agent.

There have been quite a few buyers only agents I have worked with that were not very good at negotiating because they did not know the selling area very well, nor did they know pricing of homes either.

Do your homework, research agents and interview 3-4 agents and pick one you like the best. I would be honored to help you! Please visit my website to learn more about me.

Sherry Renfroe
Ebby Halliday Realtors
(214) 215-4145
sherryrenfroe@ebby.com
http://www.sherryrenfroe.com
Mobile Site: m.sherryrenfroe.com
Keith & Kins…, Agent, Verona, WI
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Some people argue that they can get a better deal without a buyers agent, because only one agent has to be paid. That is the only argument I can think of for not using a buyers agent. Although, in most cases this isn't realistic. The amount of commission paid to the listing agent is based on the contract between the seller and the listing agent (not the contract between the buyer and seller). In most cases, if there is no buyers agent, the listing agent just earns twice as much. Also, most knowledgeable agents are able to negotiate a better deal than a buyer could on their own. So, I would debate that the buyer comes out ahead (and with much less work and fear of doing something wrong) using a buyers agent. See my blog link below for more info.