Hello, I work in Southwest Washington DC at Fort McNair. I am searching for a rental in Annapolis or Alexandria. I considered looking for a condo

Asked by Tboni, Ventnor City, NJ Wed Apr 14, 2010

but I don't really know the areas. Could you give me some ideas on rentals and/or condos in these areas. Thank you.
Terri

Answers

13
Kate Hopkins, Agent, Annapolis, MD
Mon Jan 13, 2014
Hi There are many people how live in DC and have weekend homes/crash pads here in Annapolis so they can take advantage of the easy access to the bay, boating, seafood restaurants and fun bar scene. Rentals can be tough to find and the good ones tend to go kind of fast but they're out there. I could help by setting up a search that notifies you immediately if a rental in your search parameters came available and even go preview it for you if you were in DC and not available to come straight out to see it. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance and regardless, good luck in your search! I hope you find a fabulous place before the spring gets here so you can enjoy the weather out here at the water!
martinssmith…, , Seattle, WA
Tue Sep 18, 2012
If you do not find exactly what you are looking for, I can help you with a condo . Please find free to contact me for more details . Thank you.
Martinssmith85@gmail.com
Maria Avella…, Agent, LAUREL, MD
Thu Jun 28, 2012
I was stationed At ft Mcnair, in my other life. I retired from the Navy academy at Annapolis. I can tell you you have a lot of other choices. . Call me 908-240-7792
Michael F Jo…, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Annapolis is a great location, but there are other locations in Montgomery & Prince Georges counties (preferrably Bowie, MD) the condos in that area is real nice & you are close..
Maria Avella…, Agent, LAUREL, MD
Wed Apr 28, 2010
I vote for Annapolis but I used to work at the Academy and at Fort Mcnair. Living at Annapolis will give you more weekend options, Baltimore, Phili, NY etc are closer.
Curt Hess, Agent, Annapolis, MD
Thu Apr 15, 2010
Hi DP - I didn't believe the comment either, when I first heard it several years ago. But, after looking at a close-up of the map of the area, I could see why: There are a TON of rivers, streams, creeks, etc to go with that huge Chesapeake Bay.

Turns out that AA County has more than 533 miles of waterfront. Real water adjoining the property.
Amazing, but true.

Check out aacounty.org for the details.

And, we certainly agree on the availability of great seafood!
Dp2, , Virginia
Thu Apr 15, 2010
"[Anne Arundal] has *the most* waterfront of any county in the country" . . . I think that might be stretching it a bit. It's hard to imagine that Anne Arundal has more waterfront than Dade or Duvall counties in FL. That statement definitely needs to be qualified. Nevertheless, Annapolis is pretty, and one can get some good seafood there too. :)
Curt Hess, Agent, Annapolis, MD
Thu Apr 15, 2010
Terri,
Having lived in both Alexandra and Annapolis, I will tell you EMPHATICALLY that Annapolis is a very lovely place to live, and prices are reasonable. (Old Navy guy...with friends who were assigned to McNair - back when they still had the little golf course on the grounds. Nice, but gone.) The drive to Fort McNair isn't bad if done early/late to avoid the lane reduction at 50&495.

The long walks around Annapolis, or the safe/secure/serene walks around the Naval Academy will more than make up for it. While there is much to like about Alexandra VA, Annapolis just won "Prettiest Town in America." Believe it. Also note: Our County (Anne Arundal) has *the most* waterfront of any county in the country. The green areas, bike paths, and "small town feel" will impress. Can you tell I like it?

Right now, there are 134 rentals in Annapolis. (Probably +/- by the time you read this.)

Make it easy on yourself, and skip over to http://www.realtorcurthess.com/rentals/ to find the one you will love. You'll find photos, maps, and anything you need to help you decide.

Wishing you the best...I grew up in NJ, exit-0, back when "regular people" could still afford to buy a home there.

Curt
E, , Annapolis, MD
Wed Apr 14, 2010
I live in downtown Annapolis and use to work in southwest DC. Its not a bad commute and you will love living in Annapolis. Downtown Annapolis has condos at park place, actons landing and old towne manor. There is also condos in eastport, bestgate rd and a few others. Many pick condos based upon low maintaince, you might wish to consider townhouses also. Do searches in annapolis for zip codes 21401 and 21403 on realtor.com and craigslist.org
Ruth Popek, Agent, Pasadena, MD
Wed Apr 14, 2010
Annapolis area is lovely, especially this time of year. Please let me know your time frame, what you need (bedrooms, baths and the like) as well as your price range and I will help you. I am also available by phone: 410-458-9592 or by email: ruth.popek@century21.com.
Maria Avella…, Agent, LAUREL, MD
Wed Apr 14, 2010
I used to work at For Mcnair and The Navy Academy in Annapolis in my previous life and know about commuting to and freom these areas, Annapolis and alexandria are great places. The question is what isit that you are looking for in these locations. Call me! 908-240-7792

Web Reference: http://amilitaryreealtor.info
Marcie Rowett, Agent, Annapolis, MD
Wed Apr 14, 2010
Many Annapolitans commute to DC everyday. Please give me a call and I would be happy to help you.
Eva Jenson, Agent, Annapolis, MD
Wed Apr 14, 2010
I've been showing a lot of tental condos to clients working in dc and wanting to live in Annapolis. If you stay close to rte 50 your commute will be manageable. Send me an email if you would like more info at evajenson@lnf.com.