Market Conditions in 94118>Question Details

Hhmmmjustme,  in New York

Have the rental prices decreased significantly in San Francisco in the past year or have they been stable?

Asked by Hhmmmjustme, New York Tue Jun 16, 2009

Answers

3
One of my favorite resources to answer questions about the San Francisco rental market is a site run by a guy who slices and dices CraigsList rental data for San Francisco in a bunch of different ways. It’s a great way to see how much you’ll get where in the City at different price points. I've added the link below. Have fun!

I'm not sure I would agree. I'm not a leasing agent, but work closely with several. When our market began to slow down, many would-be sellers pulled homes from the market and opted to rent. Feedback I've heard from our leasing department is that rents cooled off noticeably and that it takes longer than it's taken in years to find tenants. I'm not sure what you mean by significantly, but there's been a decrease in rent and increase in turn time caused by increase in inventory.

As with everything in this city, I think this also comes down to local neighborhoods.

Best wishes,

Jason Chapin
415-420-1143
jchapin@mcguire.com
They have been stable. Residential anyway, commercial is under pressure.
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA