HOw long is the average home on the market for in Fishers, IN? 46037 or 46038?

Asked by Jas11, 46037 Sun Jun 7, 2009

Answers

7
Marita Topmi…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Hi Jas,

Penny's right. It's important to pick an agent who is seasoned, and full time
I think. So you get someone who can evaluate your home with you in light
of recent sales. Clean, properly priced, updated homes in good repair sell
faster than others and beat the averages.

Please feel free to call about your home.

Good Luck,

Marita
Broker/Realtor
Prudential Indiana Realty Group
317.513.4652
Penny Narum, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Your question is a very good question. The Fishers Community is a sought after community! Marita shared some statistical information that supports this. There are some critical factors that play into why a home may sell quicker than the average statistic or why a home may sell (or not sell) long after the average statistic.

1. Pricing....If a home is over priced from the start for the current market condition the home will typically remain on the market long past the statistical average for that area.

I can help a Home Owner determine the market value of their home which gives them the best chance of quickly and smoothly selling their home.

2. Condition of Home and Property....The initial impact a home or property makes (positively or negatively) when buyers first view it (curb appeal) is crucial to getting the home SOLD.

I have tips that I share with my clients that helps the home and property regain their true appeal.

I hope this gives you some food for thought.

Penny
Marita Topmi…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Hi Jas,

I'll give you the correct answer for the average time and maybe you will be
kind enough to explain to me how these factoids can help.

From 7/1/2012:
46037 / 246 SOLD / Days On Market = 1 day - 673 days /
Avg Days On Market = 80
Average list price $251,800 (Homes listed from $200k - $300k /
79 days avg on market)

46038 / 212 SOLD / Days On Market = 1 day - 812 days /
Avg Days On Market = 84
Average list price $182,900 (Homes listed from $132k - $232k /
72 days avg on market)

What these simple facts won't tell you is how many of these homes were
short sales - they take longer, or new construction - often on market
throughout part of the construction period as well, lack of updates, etc.

Interesting exercise. Tell me what you're trying to get to.

Marita
Assoc Broker
317.513.4652
Brian Wayman, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Well, I used a price point of 200-250K for the last six months: Average DOM 81 for 46037
Average DOM 72 for 46038.

Call me if you want to set up a Listing Appointment.

Brian Wayman 317-514-6544
Cindy "In In…, Agent, Fishers, IN
Sun Jun 7, 2009
Hi, I write a blog for Fishers and cover market reports for various neighborhoods. The market reports show the DOM as well as price per sq ft and other useful information. Along with neighborhoods, the actual home itself will play into DOM. If you have updated the home, keep in pristine condition and have a good to great backyard and price it correctly; your days could easily be less than 30. Of the 117 that pended in May of this year in your zip codes, 39 of them were on the market less than 30 days (or 33%). Also, of the 117 that pended, 44 of them were less than $175,000.

I guess my point is that "it depends" is a fair answer; if you would like me to do a specific analysis of the home you are thinking about buying or selling, please contact me. I'd love to have the opportunity to work with you.
Web Reference:  http://www.myfishersblog.com
Joe Shoemaker, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Sun Jun 7, 2009
Jas11

This is actually a very challenging question to answer with any subjective accuracy.

Days on Market (DOM) varies across price brackets, among neighborhoods, by location, etc.

I think an accurate answer to your question can only be provided if we narrow down the search to properties that are most like yours based on price, size, location and condition.

Ask your agent to provide active, pending, sold and expired data for homes which are most comparable to yours. That data will help you assess the market and set reasonable expectations about market time.

Regarding how agents might or might not manipulate perceived market data: our local board (MIBOR) has implemented technology to eliminate DOM manipulation which used to be possible by releasing and then re-listing a property, thereby resetting the DOM back to zero. Our market data has become much more accurate as a result of that effort.

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group
joe@macduffrealty.com
Web Reference:  http://www.macduffrealty.com
Ken Fisher, Agent, Fishers, IN
Sun Jun 7, 2009
Average Days on Market for current pending sales in 46037 is 86 ... with a low of 1 and a high of 471. The only problem is that the number 86 is nothing but a number. Apparently, some agents and companies make a practice of releasing and re-listing the same property several times within the same listing contract period. I have even seen cases where an agent has released a property, re-listed it and then sold it the same day ... it sure looks good on paper! Visit http://www.TheRealEstateExpress.com for opportunities at saving money when you sell your home.