waleskaperez, Home Buyer in Providence, RI


Asked by waleskaperez, Providence, RI Mon Oct 15, 2012

This question was asked from…

Help the community by answering this question:


Best way is to go and check public records -
You'll see if the property had Lis Pendens or notice of default, there.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 4, 2013
Are you looking specifically for houses that are in foreclosure to purchase, just potential lower costs deals, or are you uniquely interested in this house?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 11, 2013
If it is in Foreclosure, (any stage) you will need to have a Realtor in your corner;
might as well start now.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 4, 2013
Before I answer your question I have a question for you. Do you understand the different stages of foreclosure? Also why is it important for you to have that information?

Quick Lesson:

There are three basic stages to the foreclosure process:

1st - you have Pre-Foreclosure - this is when the home owner becomes 3 months behind on their mortgage - if you are looking to buy a house this is the best time in my opinion to make an offer. I send out Direct Mail letting home owers know I can help them find a solution.

2nd - you have Foreclosure - this is when the house has an Auction date set. If you are trying to find out if the subject property you are looking at is at this stage - I would look in the newspaper, Knock on the home owners door and offer to buy the house, or send the home owner a letter offering to buy the house.

3rd - Last you have REO - this is when the Bank takes the property back on their books - these properties are refferred to as Bank Owned or Real Estate Owned. You can have a real estate agent help you with these properties. The are found on the MLS.

I am a Housing Consultant and Real Estate Investor - I buy houses - 401-952-5772 if you are facing foreclosure I can help. If you send me an email I have an eBook on Foreclosure I will send you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 4, 2013
One of the best ways, which is the least convenient, is to go down to city hall and pull the public records. You may be able to find foreclosure notices, which may even declare when it may be going to auction or sale. If you need any help feel free to contact me directly at 401-451-2281. Thanks and good luck.--James
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 16, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer