Given your experience, in 'up and coming' areas of NYC, do condos with high common charges (amenity fees) sell well? Please read details!

Asked by jtesorie2, Bronx, NY Thu Jun 12, 2014

My fiance and I are deciding whether it would be smarter to rent an apartment in St. George, Staten Island (approx 2K per month) or buy a 1 bedroom for 385K with 1,330 in taxes & common charges. The stay in St. George may be short term but given the 'up and coming' title the area has recently received we feel it may be a smart move to buy and re-sell in about 2-3 years. One of the major drawbacks for us is we (a) cannot predict the market trend of an area like St. George and (b) with such high common charges, would that be a huge deterrent to potential buyers? Thanks!!

Answers

1
Eleni Stavra…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Thu Jan 22, 2015
That depends on what you can financially afford and what your credit is. Getting into a condo is not an easy process, each management company has different guidelines they follow. If you would more info regarding this subject I can be reached on my cell which is 516-316-6252. I am a Staten Island realtor.

Coldwell Banker Ditommaso Realty
113 New Dorp Plaza
Staten Island NY 10306