Andrew Lunsf…, Real Estate Pro in Las Vegas, NV

GLVAR Agents... What would you do if you received a farming mailer in your neighborhood from another agent representing that they just sold a listing?

Asked by Andrew Lunsford, Las Vegas, NV Thu Feb 27, 2014

in your neighborhood. It just so happens that the listing they represented was a home you yourself listed and sold just a month ago. This really erks me. Would you call the agent or report the ethics violation?

Answers

2
Wow, that is risky on their part. I would contact my local board and give them the mailing you received so that they can take appropriate action. I can't imagine how upsetting that must have been. They also obviously did not do their homework.
Andrew,
I don't know what your MLS rules are, but this would be misrepresentation unless they represented the buyer. I would report it and allow them to learn from their mistake. By not reporting you're allowing them to continue in this practice that they must feel is okay, and it's not.