Does anyone know where I might get a list of ALL HOA's in San Jose?

Asked by mmpp, San Jose, CA Fri Aug 17, 2012

Answers

7
Grace Hanamo…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
Hi Mmpp and thanks for your question.

To be frank, there is no such thing as a list of "all the HOAs" in San Jose, that's because, homeowners associations are corporations that sometimes have the name of the community as their HOA name and sometimes they don't. HOAs are also "C" corporations, and there is no category within the Secretary of State's office that separates corporation by profession or type or location. There are literally hundreds of, if not over a thousand, HOAs in San Jose alone, and you'd need to dig quite a lot to find them all.

I guess a better question to ask if WHY you would want such a voluminous list of HOAs, and what you intend to do with the information once you have it. If you're looking to solicit to HOA boards and their members, then contact the Executive Council of Home Owners (ECHO) in San Jose for pricing to advertise through their newsletter. Otherwise, you'll be doing finding HOAs, the old fashioned way, and that's with a lot of footwork and individual review with the Secretary of State's offices.

Good luck!!

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty-People's Choice
Thanks, I did get a list from the state, and yes there are only 644 in SJ on that list, but it's a start for me. No soliciting. Thanks!
Flag Fri Aug 17, 2012
Jonlisicki, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Thu Dec 8, 2016
Do you still have this list? I'm a student doing a research project on HOA's and could use that full list of info!
Lang Lequang, Agent, San Jose, CA
Sat Aug 18, 2012
Try this http://www.athomenet.com/pm-finder.asp or try condocerts.com.
You can email me if no success: ezrealtysanjose@gmail.com
Michelle Gon…, Agent, Los Alamitos, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
You can go to HUD website. Hope this helps.
Darren Woodw…, , Campbell, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
I have a List I use for which Complexes to find out which ones are FHA Approved. Shoot me an Email and I will forward you the List.

Darren (Woody) Woodworth
Intero Real Estate Realtor
Malibu Funding Operations Manager
1865 Winchester Blvd. Suite 200
Campbell Ca, 95008
Fax: 866-684-7785
http://www.darrenwoodworth.com
darren.woodworth@gmail.com
DRE: 01439198
charles butt…, Agent, san jose, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
Thank you mmpp:

Grace Morioka said it best. There is no list of all of the HOAs.

If you are trying to advertise to HOAs the source that Grace Morioka gave you is excellent. There is also another source that is very good, and also reaches most of the HOAs.

You may reach me at my cell phone (408)509-6218 for more information.
Jim Guido, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
Hi mmpp,

We are not sure why you want such a list but Grace gave you a very good answer and would I have responded the same way.

Jim Guido,

Realty World/Blue Property Group
Email: jim@jimguidorealtor.com
Website: http://www.jimguidorealtor.com
DRE# 00700635