Does anyone have a realistic view of the lastest trends in the Charlottesville, Va/ Green county market? Is?

Asked by Jan, 22911 Mon Jun 1, 2009

it just on an up tic or is it turning around? J

Answers

1
Margaret Ramsey’s answer
Margaret Ram…, Agent, Hayes, VA
Wed Jul 1, 2009
I would be glad to e-mail the latest stats to you. Looking at the months of inventory on the market, as of today Greene County is back on track with last year after experiencing a high of over 46 months of inventory in January. Although the number of contingent and pending properties seems to be higher, there are still more properties that have either expired or been withdrawn from the market thus bringing our inventory numbers down. Good news for sellers who want less competition for the buyers. Those that have not sold their homes seem to be holding out rather than lowering their prices to sell now. Growth in Greene County is continuing despite the lagging economy with a number of businesses relocating to our area or experiencing growth. NGIC/DIA just across the border into Albemarle also seems to be fueling our current sales. Let me know if you want to see more detailed stats. You can reach me by e-mail at Margaret@CharlotteRamsey.com.