Market Conditions in 94568>Question Details

tiger, Home Buyer in Dublin, CA

Do single familycluster homes make sense?

Asked by tiger, Dublin, CA Wed Feb 5, 2014

Are single family cluster homes similar to condo when it comes to land ownership?There price is similar to traditional homes.

They make plenty of sense for those who've already bought and are enjoying living there. As long as they are classified as single family homes by the county, their pricing will remain higher than condos, even if they are really designated as a part of a PUD (Planned Unit Development). They are similar to condos in that they have HOA fees and conjoined features, such as driveways, etc. They are like single family homes in that they are not touching surrounding homes. If you are looking for a decent yard, then a traditional detached single family home would be better for you. If you are OK with condo/townhouse-like surroundings, then you will be fine.
Hi Pooja,

A cluster home looks like a home but legally indifferent then a condo. You own the structure and all of the interior but you don't own the land similar to when buying a condo. Based on my experience in the industry, here is my advice to you. If price is indifferent between a detached and a cluster home, try to lean more towards a traditional detached home. I always tell my buyers to think like sellers and the resale factor will be higher on a traditional home. If you have any questions or would like me to send you a list of single family homes in the area, please don't hesitate to contact me.
this is the preserve at Jordan ranch by toll.
can u please confirm?
Flag Thu Feb 6, 2014