Cost per square foot new construction in Chevy Chase, Md

Asked by Greg, 20910 Sun Oct 2, 2011

Answers

6
Your Solar R…, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Visit the website for cost trends for Chevy Chase Md.
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Hi Greg! consult a contractor. May I suggest a few?
Your Solar R…, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Check out the market trends for Chevy Chase, MD
Piero Marinu…, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Mon Oct 3, 2011
That's a great question - I look forward to getting the answer from someone! I'm pretty sure it will be an exact dollar figure.
John Young, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sun Oct 2, 2011
Your question is nearly impossible to answer since there are so many factors that dictate price. In some instances, a difference of one city block makes a big difference in price. Also, there are very few new homes in Chevy Chase--most are renovations that are resold as "new". If I go by the most recent sale, however, MLS shows a newly built home that just sold for $1,415,000 with a taxable living area of 1,976 square feet. Taxable uliving area does not include basements so you can figure that the true square footage is about 2,800. If this is accurate, the cost per SOLD square footage in Chevy Chase is about $500. I'm sure you probably would rather know how much per square foot it would cost to build a new home in Chevy Chase. I'm not sure it would be very cost effective to try and build in Chevy Chase unless you already owned a piece of land. Call me if you have any further questions and I can see if I can help you 301-370-4757.
The Roskelly…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Sun Oct 2, 2011
Hi Greg,

We don't normally deal in cost per s.f. in Maryland. But rather use comparable sales data found in the MLS. Any local Realtor should be happy to prepare a CMA for you.