K. H., Both Buyer and Seller in 19050

Closing Costs in W. Mt. Airy.

Asked by K. H., 19050 Sun May 24, 2009

My family and I are returning to Philly (West. Mt. Airy) from VA. The market in VA demands that we pay all ora great deal of closing. Does the market in W. Mt. Airy make the same demands on the seller?

Hi KH. I am from Richmond originally. The best way to get an exact number would be to look at a listing you like and get numbers from that.

You can expect in W MT Airy, depending on purchase Price the following:

2% transfer tax
1 Year of Homeowners Insurance
1 Year Real Estate taxes
Title Insurance

If you would like a scenario run, please contact me.

Amanda Saunders
Prudential Fox and Roach
(215) 514-9597
Hello, K.H.

Here is a very simple answer to your question. Depening upon the sale price and type of mortgage, you will pay between 5 and 6.5% of the sale price in closing costs. That means that if your home costs $100,000 you could pay between $5000 and $6,500 in closing costs. The seller will be paying something similar.

If you need help with this and other real estate matters in the greater Philadelphia area, don't hesitate to call upon someone with almost 25 years of successful experience. I would like to help you make your dream come true!

Carol Murray Cei
ReMax Millennium
The answer to this question is..... it depends. at closing you will be required to pay taxes- which can be prorated based on when you buy the home, Insurance, transfer fees, closing fees, notary servicesetc. If you do not want to cover the costs of all of these things it is good to ask for sellers assist. This will help ease the costs of closing,

Kem Bailey Smith
Keller Williams Main Line Realty
Cell- 267-972-3879