Robert Klein, Home Buyer in North Port, FL

Can you give an estimate on homeowners ins. for a $175k home approx 5 miles from the sea shore?

Asked by Robert Klein, North Port, FL Wed Mar 10, 2010

Answers

10
Rj’s answer
My home in NP is 3br, 2bath w garage (1900 - 2000 sq ft), near Interstate 75.
I pay $923 per year. This was recently reduced by $100 because I have an alarm system.
The date when your home is built is key due to building codes for roof construction.
My home was built within the last three years. If your home is older it may qualify for wind mitigation credits.
We have a relative who lives in Deep Creek - older home - he pays $1700 per year.

Hope this helps.
RS
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 2, 2010
Robert,

Great question but your insurance agent will be your best source. It will depend an a lot of factors weather the property is in a flood zone or not. Unfortunately that is as far as my knowledge is an insurance. From my personal point of view it costs too much. The bad news is it is not getting cheaper.
From a realtor's perspective buying a newer home that has the latest features like shutters, hurricane windows, the latest strapped down roof materials, alarm system , fenced all add up as big savings on your premium
Go to the following web site http://www.shopandcomparerates.com/HOCompareRates.htm. It will give you comparisons of insurance rates and the contact information for insurance companies.
Tammy Hayes, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL
Robert,

I can do better than that. I can recommend a property insurance company for you to call. There are many variables in quoting insurance including age and construction material of the home as well as roof type, flood rating and other issure. Your best bet is to call Kathy Post of Post Insurance. The office is located in St. Lucie West. Kathy's number is 772-878-8184. Good Luck!

Debbie Albert, PA
Coldwell Banker Residential
Web Reference: http://www.ronanddebbie.net
Robert,

There are many variables when quoting insurance for a property. Is it a priamary, 2nd home or investment, type of construction, year built, pool or no pool, roof type, hurricane shutters, alarm, etc? With the address I can look up the property on the county records and can quote you an accurate price. If you don't have a specific property there are too many variables to give you an accurate number but something to consider is the older the home the more expensive. Homes built from 2001 on are built to the Florida Building Code and are much less to insure.

I am a mortgage broker and insurance agent and specialize in homeowners insurance. I would be happy to help.

Christopher Lyon
We Insure Florida
941-412-1511
chris@mimsos.com
Hi Robert:
Please contact an insurance agent for this estimate. Here's another good insurance agent who can help you. Please tell him I referred you to him.

Manuel Chepote
Allstate Insurance
chepotmr@juno.com
941-366-0100 - Work
1300 Main Street
Sarasota, FL 34236

Roberta Arcand
Prudential Palms Realty
130 N Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34236
941-400-0775 - Cell
There are a lot of variables to consider and I an not an insurance agent, however, if you want I would be happy to suggest that you call Post Insurance in St. Lucie West. They have worked with a number of our customers with good results!

Debbie Albert
Coldwell Banker Residential
Robert,

I will give you a quote on the property in about 10 minutes if you give me the address of the property. Give me a call

Christopher Lyon
We Insure Florida
300 Triple Diamond Blvd
Venice FL 34275
941-412-1511
Robert - I agree with Anna. Your question should be posed to an insurance agent not real estate agents. Maybe some members of Trulia are insurance agents and give you an estimate. If not you can call an insurance agent that I use quite often for quotes/insurance. She will need the address of the property and some basic features of the home.

Call:

Paula Gilbert
Farr Insurance Group
1865 Tamiami Trail South
Venice, FL 34293
#941-493-9000

Tell her I sent you.

Jason Stevens,GRI,ABR
Broker Associate
Kevin Flynn Realty, Inc.
Email: jasonstevens@embarqmail.com
Your best estimate(s) regarding insurance will come from any insurance company--why not call a few offices, ask your questions and then make a determination as to which product best suits your needs.