Carlos Andres…, Real Estate Pro in Las Vegas, NV

Can someone tell me how do you feel with this new market conditions?

Asked by Carlos Andres Torres, Las Vegas, NV Mon Oct 21, 2013

I'm concerned for America. Obama is printing billions and has been giving it to Hedge Funds which have been buying residential real estate to create a false or phony demand which is now slowing because prices shot prices have dropped a little. What happens when these hedge funds unload these thousands of homes? They have kept rental prices down. We're being treated like sheep and led around. Obama is creating the "Entitlement Society" and it can't be sustained. Be prepared for the time when the food stamps, free rent, free health care stop. That's how I think...never mind how I feel...that's for liberals. Matt
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 21, 2013
They are creating an unsustainable entitlement society (which the rest of us are paying for) to secure a huge base of voters and keep themselves in power. They don't care about the future - they only care about the now and themselves. Did you know that when someone signs up on the insurance portals, they are encouraged to register to vote as well?!!
Flag Tue Oct 22, 2013

I can only put one word for the real estate market....INTERESTING!

AS an active Broker/Salesman for over 15 years , licensed in two countries and doing business internationally, I travel between countries and connecting with many buyers and sellers from all over the world who come to U.S.A to invest in real estate.

The market has been shifting and constantly changing not only at home, but also in other countries because of the world economy that is effecting the real estate market. Some countries like Canada, China, India, Philippines and Israel are experiencing wealth and growth and see an opportunity to invest in the U.S.A . They come to United States to cash purchase investment properties with positive return and by doing so help the real estate market.

In Las Vegas, the prices have increase between 30% to 40% since 2012 and we see more new homes and constructions all over.

As far as the local buyers, its a great time to purchase since the interest rate are SO LOW ( as low as 3.5%) and first time home buyers with steady job can purchase only with the minimum FHA down payment of 3.5%.

As for the SELLERS, the market is defiantly a seller's market and we see less short sales and less bank owned properties from the previous three years. More equity transactions and sellers that makes it more pleasurable to deal with .

I don't know what the future will bring, BUT I do know that throughout history, Real Estate market always prevail and is the best and safest investment for the long run. I also suspect that the low interest rate and still affordable home prices ( average single family home in Las Vegas is
$ 187,000 only) will soon increase again and interest rate will go up .

For detailed market conditions by zip code and to see the top 10 countries that are investing in Las Vegas, contact me at 702-992-7754 or email

Yours truly,

Rena Levy

Connecting global wealth with global people!

International Broker/Associate
Certified International Property Specialist
Global Business Council
Licensed in U.S.A/Nevada and Israel
Realty Executives International
702-992-7754 Direct
702-940-4500 Office
Skype: Rinalevy18
Web Reference:
I am from the lending side of things. As i see all the files coming through and watch rates. The values seem to be staying stable for a couple months. There is a trend in much more foreclosure activity and more homes hitting the market. Also rates are slowly rising. I believe right now is a great time to buy then it was in the summer and not as many bidding wars.

As a lender we actually offer down payment of assistance of 3% and go down to 500 credit score.
We are the fourth largest servicer of FHA loans on the west coast of the country.
WE retain 50% of the loans we write and make exceptions that others cant.

Michael R Diaz
Hi Housing Group. Thanks for the post. I don't see this market any different than prior markets, however, the varied shifts in the market have presented new challenges for agents.

The agents who have survived the depressed housing market of short sale options/foreclosures will continue to grow and probably thrive moreso than the majority. For those of us who've been in the field for years and kept our businesses moving, this year has been a piece of cake in comparison. I like the word "multi-dimensional," because it truly encompasses the challenges of buying and selling real estate. It feels good to climb out of the least for awhile and until the next wave. The past markets have prepared me for anything.

Many real estate companies are in process of restructuring because most methods used/taught to obtain business are outdated and make little sense to today's sellers and buyers. I've seen more recent agent posts asking how to obtain business than I have ever seen in the time I've been in industry. In my opinion those who are just getting in to real estate will be inundated with challenges right out of the gate. Survival will depend on how easily and fast an agent can adapt and shift through the many unknowns of the business. Thanks again for the post.
About the same as the other things we have been through in Las Vegas since 2004. Boom, Bust, Foreclosures, short sales, moderate boom and present day: moderate slow down. It is all the same - you work harder and you succeed.
Agility will be the 'magic sauce' to survival in real estate.
Any of three dominating markets will result from the current confusion and coming changes. Which one will assert in any area is unknown, but the real estate professional will need to be able to dance to the fidder's tune what ever it may be.
Some agents will have option four. The day job.
My suggestion to agents who would prefer not to opt for option four, is to restructure their business around the only four things people EVER buy and every major marketer selling every conceivable product and service uses.
From that understanding, those who remain ast real estate professionals, will, by necessity, become mulit-dimensional and real master craftsmen as transaction architects. This will prove incompatible with many corporate structured organizations.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
Sorry, I can't. I'm too busy.
As always supply and demand drives prices and markets. It was pretty tight a few months back. There were not many homes on the market and we had some cash investors and hedge funds buying everything they could get their hands on. That 1st time homebuyer or family that wanted to purchase did not have a chance and could not compete against the cash buyers. The market has leveled off ,we have some inventory and the hedge funds have stopped the buying frenzy. It is a little more relaxed after school starts and the holidays get closer so I am seeing a great market for buyers and sellers are also in a good position for a little while longer. After 14 years I know for sure that the Las Vegas market can change very rapidly. I would suggest that anyone sitting on the fence no matter if you are a buyer or seller now may be a good time to get serious about making a move.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Well I'm supposed to be decisive as a Realtor. But I say flip a coin!! The past 8 years have been crazy. As a listing agent I can tell you this. We have tripled our inventory of sellers in the past few months. Almost all of the cash money large cap investors are pulling out or at a minimum back.y listing just a few months ago sold in hours/days with multiple offers. Now I see homes 60 days or more on the market with multiple price reductions.

Real Estate will remain the same. If it's a value people will want it. If not it will stay on the market.

If you would like to discuss a specific property please feel free to call me.

Andrew Lunsforf
Signature Real Estate Group