Buyers & Sellers: What's your opinion on today's Real Estate Market?

Asked by Juan Carlos Carrasquel, Expert, Bloomington, IN Wed Jun 27, 2007

Do you think we are in a buyer's market, seller 's market or in an even market? Please try to give me an answer based on your local market and not based on national news

Answers

2
Philip Birme…, , Dumont, NJ
Tue Jul 3, 2007
Northern New Jersey (Bergen County) seems to be leveling off, but we still have a lot of overpriced inventory which makes it look like a buyers market. It seems there are a few Brokerages that still live by the credo 'take a listing at any price to get our sign in the front lawn". Priced right homes sell for 97% of asking price. We are a diverse $$ market from 190,000 studio units to 23Mil. homes. It seems the mid priced ome are selling the best and the fastest $350,000 to $550,000. I've been a Broker in Bergen County for 30 years and I've seen it all, we stil seem to be a bedroom community of NYC and our state income taxes are still the best in the tri-state area. Hope this answers your question.
Teresa Chamn…, , Dayton, Carson City, Gardnerville, Minden, Lake Tahoe & beyond
Thu Jun 28, 2007
In northern NV, we are still experiencing a Buyer's Market, but things are definitely picking up. I sold 3 homes and vacant lot last week and have 3 new escrows so far this week.