Bronxville agents: do you think more inventory will come on this spring or have most houses already been listed. Looking in 1m to 1.4m range.

Asked by Lisa, Seattle, WA Sun Mar 28, 2010

Answers

7
Rey Hollings…, Agent, White Plains, NY
Mon Mar 29, 2010
As of February of this year there were 15 active single family homes in the Bronxville PO between $1MM and $1.5MM. Last year at the same time there were 13 homes. In the following March, April & May about 6 more homes became available on average, give or take stuff that sold.

That means that you should expect a handful more of homes to come on in the late Spring. Prices have come down and owners are a bit more realistic than before. If you are waiting for that perfect house, stop waiting. It may never come. If you are gauging the competition, then just check the days on market and you will see it takes longer to sell homes in this price range.

If you would like an inventory report for Bronxville schools...AskRey.

Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence - Bronxville

Direct 917-855-0277
rhollingsworth@houlihanlawrence.com
Web Reference:  http://AskRey.net
Ginger Ruckm…, Agent, Bronxville, NY
Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hi Lisa,
FYI...Bronxville village is only one square mile. There is a large inventory right now. Your price range is a very popular one but still do able in this village. I would need to know more about your specific criteria in order to fully answer your question. Without a doubt more homes will come on as the school year draws to a close but specifically in your price range it is hard to say. Be in touch so I can better assist you.

Ginger Ruckman, GRI, CBR
Associate Broker
Susan Cleven…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hi Lisa,

My company covers Bronxville and would be happy to set you up on a customized search to give you "real time" access to new listings in Bronxville. We can also offer you a guided tour of the area since it seems you are from out of state.

Please feel free to contact us at your convenience if we can be of service: 914-432-5030 or Info@RoyalGrandRealty.com.

Suzanne "Susan" Clevenberg
Royal Grand Realty, LLC
245 Saw Mill River Road - Suite 106
Hawthorne, NY 10532
http://www.RoyalGrandRealty.com
Susan@RoyalGrandRealty.com
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sun Mar 28, 2010
HI, I also wanted to mention that not all sellers will be able to put their property on the market at the beginning of the spring market. Everybodys time frame will differ so you will see activity in May..June..and even in July.
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sun Mar 28, 2010
HI, There will definitely be more inventory coming on this season..the bulk usually comes on between feb and the end of april...since banks are opening up the jumbo loan market more we should see some better activity then last year. Bronxville is a very desirable town and one of my favorites in Westchester.

Sincerely
Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Licensed Associated Broker
Barbara O'Co…, Agent, Yonkers, NY
Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hi Lisa:

Yes, I do believe you will see more inventory in the coming months. Interest rates at the moment, are still low, but pending government changes, I think you will see mortgage rates begin to creep up in the coming months. So, right now is en excellent time to list a home, before we see more inventory and before interest rates go up, if at all possible.

Barbara O'Connell
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Margot Bennett, Inc.
914-548-1628
Eric Stein, Agent, Bronxville, NY
Sun Mar 28, 2010
There should be a bigger inventory of homes that will come on the market in the spring. We always see that in this time of year. It is usually tied to the warmer weather, so hopefully it will be soon. Interest rates are still very low, and the mortgage process has lightened up for qualified buyers. You can go onto my website and sign up to recieve an email whenever a new home comes on the market. Just click on the my Homefinder section. http://www.EricCStein.com