Bought 4 bed. 2 bath,1,298 sq.ft 1/31/07 450,000(92123)asking countytax for reconnsideration since houses

Asked by Dawn Chamberlain, 92123 Tue Mar 4, 2008

like mine are selling 50,000 less.. They ask for compared houses sold, where do I find the parcel number for these particular homes? And what remarks would I use?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


RoseAnne Wood, , El Cajon, CA
Fri Mar 21, 2008
The link below is to the assessor's site to file for temporary tax relief when the market value of your home drops below the original purchase price. You don't really need any remarks, the assessor will check the comparables to yours. You could also get the comps from your REALTOR(r) and attach a copy to your request; the listing will have the parcel number on it. You have until May 31st to file for the tax relief to take effect in your 08/09 tax bill.
0 votes
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Mar 20, 2008
From what I understand, the window for filing a tax reduction has passed. Call the tax assessors office.

Mark &Kari
0 votes
Raana Jamshi…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Mar 17, 2008
Hi Dawn,

You can ask any REALTOR to give you the comp for you house. If you need any help don't hesitate to contact me.
0 votes
James Baxter, Agent, Encinitas, CA
Tue Mar 4, 2008
Hi Dawn,
Here is a step by step and names and numbers of who you need to contact to adjust your property tax

As for the other I would be happy to send you comps for your area.
I did find 2 comps in your area that are for $314,777 and $369,900 since Jan 07
0 votes
fredeckert, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Mar 4, 2008
Please call our customer service Maria at 619.521.3477 or e-mail, Please give her Thomas Brothers grids or the streets you are interested in. She should be able to e-mail the information to you for free. We also have information on property tax appeals on our site shown below.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more