As an investor looking in the Gilbert area, what areas are strong for single-family home buy & hold strategy?

Asked by Brian, Gilbert, AZ Wed Sep 26, 2007

Answers

5
David Dion, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Wed Sep 26, 2007
There has been lots of good advice so far. I hope to add a bit of my own. If it was my money, I would consider Queen Creek communities of Cortina, Sossoman Estates, and Remington Heights. WHAT, Queen Creek, I must be insane!!!! Two of these communities share a border with Gilbert and are right across the street from Power Ranch (a community I am very fond of)... The great thing is homes with a Queen Creek address demand a lower price. I know Cortina and Sossoman Estates share the same schools as Power Ranch (Higley Unified School District). With these communities you can get the best of both worlds, Higley school district and Gilbert location all at better prices.

As always, buying correctly is an (the most) important part of the equation. Find the best deals, then negotiate from there. Also, know I currently own investment properties in Gilbert and am forming an investment LLC in the next 3 weeks and will actively be seeking out the best deals. I know I will find more deals than I can initially handle. Feel free to contact me if you would like to be notified of the excess deals and maybe we can do something together..
Mr.P, , Arizona
Wed Sep 26, 2007
Hey Brian,

Gilbert Unified School district 41 should be a big part of your buying decision.
There are some great deals in Finley farms and Sonoma ranch, and the community`s that have been mentioned below.
My self I live in Wind Drift and are a big fan of Freestone park.
As Jay mentioned Power ranch, even though it is out of Dist 41 has some great deals.
Of course there are a handful of choice Lender Owned Property`s to consider.
It is my opinion that Gilbert ( Dist 41 ) is at or near the bottom. No better time to be a buyer.
Good Luck
Patrick.
Richard Dobb…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Sep 26, 2007
Brian, there are many areas in Gilbert that would be pretty good bets right now. And you can find some very good deals, both on resales and new construction. I would base the decision on the main factor when purchasing real estate, location. Try to stay within easy access to the 202 freeway and in a good school district. I have seen some pretty good deals in Cooper Commons and Sun Groves but there are many other choices. Should you need assistance in finding something there don't hesitate to give me a call at 480-391-8368 or send an email to info@bergdobblesteam.com.
Patrick Harf…, , Gilbert, AZ
Wed Sep 26, 2007
New builds are fine, although they are usually further out, where the rent rates will be lower. As an alternative, a "high-draw" community like Val Vista Lakes offers both convenient freeway access, and the established community feel that might better attract the type of tenants who stay longer & pay the rent on time. Check both sides of town, do a pro-forma including actual rent rates, and you'll know for sure.
Paul Slaybau…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Sep 26, 2007
Gilbert is a good bet with a sought-after school district. For an investor, I would be looking at new builds due to the great incentives currently being offered. Most builders were refusing investor contracts when the market was hot, but I bet you'd find some that will play ball now that the landscape has changed. I also like the warranties a new build provides. As for particular developments, I'll yield the floor to Patrick Mahony, who I believes lives and specializes in Gilbert. Good luck.