Are values going up in the housing market on Holmes Beach?

Asked by Carolann, Bradenton, FL Mon Apr 9, 2012

Answers

2
Island Real…, , Anna Maria, FL
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Hello Carol Ann,
The simple answer to your question is yes. For the year 2011 the Island actually saw on average, appreciation of 4-6%. While 2012 has been a phenomenal transaction year for Anna Maria Island we have not seen as considerable appreciation of propery values. The 2012 data can be very deceiving depending on whether the buyer considers median or average statistics as well as type of property and location on Anna Maria Island. Rather than bore you with details of where we were let me pull out the Anna Maria Island real estate crystal ball. Many housing economists use inventory absorption as a leading indicator of prices. Inventory absorption is a fancy term for how many months of property is for sale relative to the past. At the end of 2012 Anna Maria Island has 30+% less real estate for sale as compared to an average year. 2012 saw the second highest number of real estate transactions in the history of the island only to be beat by 2005 transactions which was the high of the real estate boom. So, if you believe in supply and demand, demand is 30%+ higher than an average year and supply is 30% lower than an average year. Most would consider those strong indicators that Anna Maria Island is due for another 5+% appreciation year. Hopefully this information will allow you to be the judge.
Jim Sweat, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Apr 9, 2012
Hi Carolann,

Values are stabilizing and trending up a bit in our area because inventories are lower than they were, and the buyers have been out in force.

We are going to continue to see little ups and downs from month to month as we bounce along the bottom. The overall trend heading up will be accelerated when all of the distressed properties are gone.

I would be glad to go more into depth on the topic.

Feel free to contact me, or message me for more details.

All the Best,

Jim Sweat, ABR, CRS, GRI, CDPE, e-PRO, ILHM
Sandals Realty
http://www.ExplainShortSales.com
941-306-7384
Team@JimSweat.com