Are the taxes really over $8000 dollars?

Asked by DWEDCOLA, Keene, NH Sat Aug 10, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/1066444979-60-Harkness-Rd-Jaf…

Answers

2
John Yost, Home Owner, Jaffrey, NH
Tue Dec 17, 2013
Sadly the rates are up to 29 mils here, which translates to 2900 per hundred thousand of appraised value. My 125k appraised home taxes are now up to ~$300/month. I'm selling my 3BR home at 3 White Road for 145k after 50k of improvements.
Bruce Moore, Agent, NH,
Sat Aug 10, 2013
Hi ,

This a foreclosed home...the price represents a debt recovery situation, a bank has received payments for this home over the years, until the owners stopped payment, thus foreclosure, now they are trying to recover the balance...not the value of the home...the town is taxing the home on their assess value which is around $300k (the assessor in Jaffrey seems to be consistently 10-15% over actually value...some towns the assessor assess on the high side...and this is the case here)....so the taxes doesn't represent the listing price but the assessed price of the town.....taxes are based of assess value not listing price...if your uncle sold you a home for $300k home for $150k should you be taxed on the sales price or the value of the home...this is a similar situation....

Bruce Moore
Bean Group
Residential & Water Property Specialist
603-554-5510
THIS IS NOT A FORECLOSURE!!!! Taxes are a little higher in Jaffrey than in some other communities. However, taxes in NH are higher on property but we do NOT have a Sales Tax or an Income Tax so generally are taxes are lower than in surrounding states. Dorothy Bacon - Listing Broker 603-532-8765.
Flag Thu Apr 24, 2014
Thanks so much... sadly, it was what I thought. Way to good to be true if the taxes matched the selling price. Worth asking :-) Great luck to you on the future sale... it will happen! Laurel
Flag Sun Aug 11, 2013