Are really mint, perfectly retored, brownstones going for 1,000 per sq. foot are any that fit the above desription available for 550 a sqaure foot

Asked by James, Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn, NY Mon Sep 20, 2010

Answers

5
Ann Zemaitis’ answer
Ann Zemaitis, Agent, 10013, NY
Mon Jun 11, 2012
It all depends on the neighborhood, of course. If you're talking Brooklyn Heights (looks like you and I are both from there) $1000 is likely for "finished". However, if you're willing to put in either work or stretch your location, you can do much better. For example, I was just buyers' agent for a house in Clinton Hill on Hall Street for $667,000. I walked there for appointments-- only 20 min. from Clark St. Although estate sale, it was a steal, with hardwood floors and delivered vacant. (Don't know if one at that price will come around any time soon again). I just got an e-blast about a 5100SF green home on Bergen St. near all trains in Prospect Heights, new, with owners triplex and rental duplex, asking $2.875M. Perfect renovations. However, just yesterday in Brooklyn Heights I saw a house-like apartment topping out over 2200SF, pristine renovations, 3 Bedroom plus den and huge living room. That was firm at $1.7 million. It was as big as most brownstones I've shown, though, and spread out over a few floors. So, I'd say it takes some legwork. However, once something's renovated the price goes up considerably. You can save a lot by doing the renovations yourself. If you're interested in me looking for you, I rebate 10% of my commission to customers of mine at closing. So, on each million that's about $2500 on average. Would be glad to help and I'm right here on Clark St.
Ann
, ,
Thu Oct 9, 2014
Brownstones in the Heights are as expensive as you will find in the Borough. $1500. a square foot is not unusual, and for those that hit the market many are in need of renovation which can often run $500. per square foot.
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Sep 20, 2010
Dear James:

Once and a while you may come across a steal, but if you do you have to be ready willing and able to move quickly and maybe even waive your mortgage contingency (this is the same as buying all cash, if you do not close you would lose the down payment you placed at the signing of the contract).

If you want check out my web site at http://www.MadisonEstates.com, we have the entire data base of active listings of both the Brooklyn New York Multiple Listing service and Real Estate Board of New York. If I can be of further assistance please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Madeline Pad…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Sep 20, 2010
Hi James
If you are seriously looking email me and I will send you some listings to consider in brooklyn
heights.
madelinepadovano@fillmore.com
Tatiana Cames, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Sep 20, 2010
Hi James,
550 psf would be an unrenovation property. $1000 psf is at the top of the market. Somewhere around $700 psf is the average for Brooklyn Heights. Are you interested in receiving some listings to review?
Tatiana Cames