Cathyd101, Home Buyer in Camarillo, CA

Are prices of houses going down in Agoura Hills?

Asked by Cathyd101, Camarillo, CA Wed May 30, 2012

Answers

2
Kathy Orr’s answer
From what I can see prices have been going up for the past 12 month in Agoura Hills. I have a client who is trying to purchase in that area who keeps getting out bid because the demand is driving the prices up higher and higher each month. Agoura Hills is a very desirable area. Currently the inventory is low and the demand for people wanting to move there is great.

Things may cool a bit as interest rates move up but I don't think we'll see prices going down anytime soon. Let me know if you are looking for a real estate professional to help you out. I would love to be of assistance.
It depends. I believe the low end has already bottomed and is on its way back up. The upper end is still feeling the effects of a tight loan market, difficulty in qualifying and the lack of move up buyers. Move-in condition homes are king in this market - fixers are getting ignored except for low offers.
The good news is that just about anything you buy (see above) is going to be more valuable in the next 2 years. Does that mean we have more downward pricing in the near future - again, it depends. My crystal ball is in the repair shop.

Good luck! Just don't wait too long to purchase!