Anyone think Tahoe Donner has bottomed out yet?

Asked by Ken, 94618 Thu Aug 27, 2009

Answers

6
Olja Mihic’s answer
Olja Mihic, Agent, Tahoe City, CA
Tue Sep 10, 2013
Real estate in Lake Tahoe, in general, is on the rise. In the last year we have seen the median prices go up by about 16%. I say median and not average, as the luxury home sales have increased in activity by 50%, and are skewing the average.
In the last couple of weeks the Feds have slowed down the bond purchases which drove the mortgage rates up, so I think it did slow the market down a bit, but it has not affected the prices.
So, yes the bottom has been and gone!

Olja Mihic
Realtor - Coldwell Banker
530 448 6633
tahoerealestate@hotmail.com
http://www.charmingcabins.com
Kappy Mann a…, Agent, Truckee, CA
Tue Jun 26, 2012
The lower range (under 500K) has definitely hit the bottom. Homes in the upper range still appear to have some way to go.
Christy Morr…, Agent, Truckee, CA
Tue Jun 26, 2012
With supply down to 2006 levels and buyer demand on the rise, we are seeing pricing firm up in Tahoe Donner considerably. Economists are calling for a modest rebound through 2016 across the nation. Top neighborhoods in a local community are usually the first to see prices move up. Tahoe Donner is definitely a top neighborhood here in Truckee.
Sasha Spiegel, Agent, Tahoe City, CA
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Hi Ken,
Since 2009 Tahoe Donner has continued like the rest of the Truckee market like the country has had a gradual decline. There has been a over a 31% decline in median price values in the Tahoe Donner area. However keep in mind more homes are actually selling. At this point in 2012 we actually have a true shortage of homes and if a home is well priced it will sell quickly with mulitple offers.
Kappy Mann a…, Agent, Truckee, CA
Thu Aug 27, 2009
I just had a little pow wow with a few agents in the office to see if I could get a concensus; most of us agree that we have not hit the bottom because there are still short sales and forclosures lining up to hit the market. That being said we are probably riding the bottom curve, sales continue and even multiple offers on the REO (bank owned) properties, keeping inventory in check. As long as interest rates remain low, it is a great time to buy. Sellers are willing to negotiate in hopes of unloading their properties before the snow flies.
Bonnie Jessee, Agent, Truckee, CA
Thu Aug 27, 2009
Median list price for January $576 - Median Sold Price was $449. August numbers (thus far) - Median list price $549 and Median Sold Price $520. Interesting numbers to say the least.

January thru August Median List Price $549 - Median Sold Price $525.

Call me with more questions! Thanks Bonnie 530 412 3984