A veteran realtor told me that regardless of a hot market or slow market, an average of 16-20 showings should

Asked by Brock Starwood, Chicago, IL Sat Apr 19, 2008

yield an offer...provided that the property shows well and is priced right. My thoughts were that given the excessive inventory of today's market that buyers have a lot more choices...hence it will require more than 16-20 showings. Any thoughts on this?

Answers

1
Mike Long, Agent, Naperville, IL
Sun Apr 20, 2008
I would say you are correct. Patience is what we need in this market. A veteran agent telling you that an offer is expected after 16-20 showings is dead wrong. In a hot market you may not get an offer after 16-20 showings. Just hang in there. As long as you AND your agent feel the price is right then you should be okay. If your showings start getting over 50 and your market time over 45/60 days you may want to start looking closer at your price.....if you are anxious to sell you may want to have that conversation even earlier like 3 weeks. Good Luck!!