Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

06040 : Real Estate Advice

  • All26
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 20
Sat May 21, 2016
Kathie asked:
Examples: The 2015 - 2016 weapons, drug dealings & arrest, gang problems, arrest in and on Spruce St.& the streets off it plus Charter Oak Street & Park. These are just a few places children…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 26, 2015
Krystal Ocasio answered:
I have a similar question to hers. I am looking at a property currently owned by CHFA and it's been almost two years. I called and emailed them, they aren't much help. It';s been about 3 months their still doing repairs. Do you have an ideas when they might put the home up for sale?
They're most likely transferring it to HUD so HUD can sell it ..
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 6, 2014
Kim Gates answered:
I think you may have meant under $100,000.00.......feel free to contact me and I will be happy to assist!
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Jessica Tracy answered:
Hi Nicole,

I know of a few properties in your price range in Manchester, East Hartford, and Vernon were heat is included.

Feel free to email me or give me a call at 860-368-8383.

Happy New Year,
Jessica Tracy
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Catherine Colletti answered:
I found one two bedroom on St. James St. in Manchester. It's 2 bedrooms 1 1/2 baths for $700 a month. It is 1,000 square feet. It is a co-op building so it requires a $2000 security deposit. It has oil heat which is not included. If I can help you with any other searches or if you would like to see this one let me know.


... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 1, 2013
kfrank1977 asked:
Have a condo/ investment property in CA that I would like to refi HARP 2.0. --- LTV aprox 135%, no lates in mtg in the last 12 months, no cash out, No cash-out refi, Freddie Mac (prior to…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Rob Rosa answered:

Please contact me by email at so we can discuss your home search.


Rob Rosa - Your Personal Full-Time Real Estate Broker
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Rob Rosa answered:
There are quite a few I can show you depending upon your budget. Contact me at 860-558-2122 or to view.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Fran Rokicki answered:
Have you gone back to the bank that now holds the mortgage? I have had clients that have had success with their original mortgage holder, as long as they participate in the HARP program. Give them a call. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hi Xiulu

Prudent for you to get in touch with the many fine agents responding to your question.

Yes there are many pit falls that one has to over come. All Cash does not make it quicker.

It will take 3 months to 9 months depending on Bans involved, number of loans, State and County

About the people inside yes, sometimes you have to Evict them.

I think the smartest thing to do, is to work with an Agent.

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 4, 2012
Gregorio Denny answered:
When I combine your 2 questions, I believe the answer you are looking for is that in order to purchase the 2 - 4 unit non-owner occupied property when you already have 4 mortgages you will need to find a Fannie Mae direct lender and put 25% down. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 4, 2012
Gregorio Denny answered:
You can get up to 10 mortgages. Just find someone in your state who either is a Fannie Mae direct lender or brokers to a Fannie Mae direct lender.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Bfoster2600 answered:
I own a condo in Manchester, 2 bed 2,5 bath and same is up for rent starting 7/1 and would be willing to discuss a to own option. Give me a call to discuss at 314-660-9172 and ask for Beth ... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Seth Winkleman answered:
Try Eric Gadarowski 860-7965596. He is the Mortgage Banker in our office. Please let me know if that helps
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 5, 2012
Paul Marzolla answered:
I've had tremendous success with HARP 2.0's, especially when they are multi-unit investment properties. Having a stellar credit score of 800 will be extremely helpful. It will really come down to whether Fannie or Freddie own it since each use different qualifying ratios.By ratios I'm referring to Debt-to-Income (DTI) and Combined-Loan-to-Value (CLTV). I know what to look for and can give you an accurate answer as to whether you qualify in a matter of minutes.

I'll be available throughout the weekend if you'd like to discuss your scenario in greater depth. I may be reached directly on either my office phone, (201) 203-2266, or my cell phone, (551) 486-0243. I look forward to helping.

Paul Marzolla
(201) 203-2266
(551) 486-0243
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Fran Rokicki answered:
I would tend to believe that it was cash and quick. That is the most popular of offers that the bank sees as no risk, to them. They have already lost money on this property and they just want it off their books. Don't give up, keep looking, that home is out there waiting for you to find it:) ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 1, 2010
Dana Voelzke answered:
You said for investment. You can't do it for investment but you can for purchasing an owner occupied primary residence that you can live in.
Call a local bank or credit union in your town, and find someone knowledgeable who can tell you about the following 2 options:
- FHA mortgage financing (minimum of 3.5% down)
- CHFA mortgage financing for CT (see link below)

There are other programs for the first time home buyer plus you will need to check if you qualify for each of the programs above (income limits, etc.). If you need resources in your town, send me an email and I will gladly provide you with some names. There is a program called HDF for New Haven, Fairfield & part of Litchfield County but it does not cover Hartford County if that's where you are purchasing.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Bill Mamak answered:
Here is a simple formula .Have your realtor estimate the value of the home if all the updates will be done . From that value reduce the cost of updates and the profit that you would want .
So if the home is already under priced why would you want to offer less and lose the home to some one else. Similarly if the home is grossly over priced why offer just $25,900 below the List price. It is very important to have a knowledgeable,informed and insightful agent and listen to him.

Wish you Good Luck
... more
1 vote 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 14, 2008
Dan Ross answered:
Your options really are finance the new home until your existing one sells, or make an offer with a hubbard clause (contingent on sale of existing home). If you go the Hubbard route, be prepared to show the seller that your house has a reasonable chance of selling in the time period of the hubbard. To do this, it should be fairly aggressively priced and well marketed.
There might be a 3rd option that is a variation on the first, seller financing on the new home. You may have to offer an attractive incentive (i.e. points, or higher rate) to make that happen.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice