Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Maine : Real Estate Advice

  • All68
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying41
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 3
Sat Oct 22, 2016
Dannordin134 asked:
28 old point avenue , madison , maine
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Donald Stevens answered:
If your son is no longer occupying the home he has to purchase a new type of homeowners insurance. Traditional homeowners insurance policies exclude coverage when the home is rented to others. He should look into buying a landlord policy. That would give him property coverage and liability. The last thing anyone wants to happen is to pay premiums for an insurance policy that is going to deny claims because they were unaware of a tenant in the home. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice