Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Macon : Real Estate Advice

  • All178
  • Local Info17
  • Home Buying55
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 61
Wed Mar 1, 2017
Jessica Bateman answered:
I have had clients get approved with just a 580 credit score. Check out The Lenders Network they can get you to a lender to help you out, they work with all the lenders that work with credit issues. ... more
3 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 26, 2017
Johnnynewell1964 asked:
Mon May 2, 2016
Jjac11433 asked:
condo/townhouse 3 br, 2 ba. small lot not big area that requires much maintenance. prefer home that has hoa that takes care of outside property. prefer one-level home, but two-level is…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 28, 2016
Tony Grech answered:
That's a question for your lender and real estate agent. They'll need to reach out to the seller to explain the need for an extension
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 2, 2016
Lindsey DuPriest asked:
We are fixing to move to macon or close to it. Do you know of a good area that would have 5 acres with possibly woods or a pond near it. The house WS would aim for would have to be 4 beds…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 13, 2015
Usda Mortgage Source answered:
You shouldn't have any issue getting approved with a 620+ credit score. Contact us below if we can assist.

USDA Mortgage Source
Georgia USDA Loans, 7 days a week.
Ph: 904-302-6060
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 16, 2015
Carol Robinson asked:
Wed Aug 5, 2015
Jackson Willis answered:
Anywhere you live is going to be susceptible to crime. I would suggest driving around the area a bit, and maybe talking to some of the neighbors about it. That way you'll get a better idea of what it's like there. You also should probably get a good security system installed. That would help you to ensure that you're as protected as possible.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 7, 2015
Jeri Patrick answered:
I would contact a local real estate agent to see if they can find you some auction homes. Best of luck
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 13, 2015
Carol Ellis answered:
Real estate sales usually become public records. Appraisers can access and use public records to help in their assessments of properties.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 2, 2015
Jeri Patrick answered:
I would contact a local lender to help you with loan options. Best of luck.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 19, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Banks don't rent out homes. Once they complete the foreclosure process, they generally prepare them and put them on the market for sale at the best price they can get. Chances are as an employee of the bank, your cousin may be barred from bidding on the home as it could be seen as a conflict of interest.
I'd just get your credit in order as quickly as you can and start looking at all the available inventory.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 19, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Pay on time, dispute any errors on your report, pay down balances to 1/3 or less of the credit limit, don't close any accounts or pay off any old collections.
This is a thumbnail sketch of some ways to improve your credit on your own. You can also meet with a great local lender who assist with credit repair and see if they can help you further. Best of luck. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 10, 2015
Jeri Patrick answered:
I would contact a lender they would be able to answer that question for you. Best of luck
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 29, 2015
Tamara Liggins answered:
Kira, contact your local property tax division and find out if they have seized or planning to seize the house for the back taxes. If the mortgage hasn't been paid or if the home is paid off. That would be a great starting point. Contact a local real estate agent too, it may be in a trust and a family member now managing or owning it. That will get you information on how to move forward. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 19, 2014
Steven Ard answered:
Yes, as long as it is not a HUD home. HUD requires you to be present at the closing. Most other sellers will allow a "Mail Away" closing. A real estate agent will help you make an offer and negotiate. As with almost all real estate transactions, you will need to hire a real estate attorney to handle the closing. With a cash sale, you will need to expect other fees such as the attorney fees, title search fees, Courthouse recording fees. Also there may be prorated property taxes and transfer taxes included as well as any homeowner association dues. I would be happy to go into more detail if necessary. My brokerage covers Macon, Gray and the surrounding counties. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Steven Ard
Ard Realty, LLC
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 13, 2014
hsjohn52 asked:
Wed Jul 30, 2014
Drew Chapman answered:
We go down to a 580 credit score and should be able to get your credit score up enough to get it done. We would have to look at monthly debts to make sure you income qualify, but these are all things that I can do for you very quickly over the phone. Feel free to contact me at the numbers below and I'll show you what I can do to help.

Drew Chapman
Senior Loan Officer
Nations Lending Corporation
4500 Hugh Howell rd
Suite 730
Tucker, GA 30084
678-357-5717 cell
770-212-2357 office
678-999-5882 fax

Nations Lending Corporation NMLS# 32416
4 Summit Park Drive, Suite 200, Independence, OH 44131
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | State Disclosure Requirements
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 22, 2014
Bill Rich answered:
You can get a mortgage with your criteria however to say what you can qualify would be impossible until we have more information such as your total debt. Just looking at your income you should be ok.

To address the answer provided by Decolbe44. I agree with the auction avoidance. Huge headaches and potentially a money dump. While going the HELOC route would be a good idea you cant tap into the equity on a newly purchased home using a HELOC. The renovation mortgage would be a viable alternative since these loans (FHA203K and Fannie Mae HomeStyle) base the lending amounts off of the future value of the home after the completed renovations. A hard money lender will generally want 40%-50% as a down payment. Hard money lenders are loaning based off the equity in the property and most dont give much regard to credit (with some exceptions) and will want to make sure they are protected in the event of a default. In order to accomplish they will secure their financial investment using the equity in the property.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information.

Bill Rich

Mortgage Loan Originator
NMLS# 203704
700 East Gate Drive, Suite 400
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Office:866-312-6682 Ext:4234
Ph: 856-437-8029
Fx: 866-640-0198
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 19, 2014
Tara Elmore-Smith answered:
Hi Sherry,

I would love to assist you with your home search in Macon GA. I have lived here for the past 25 years and am very knowledgeable of the area. Please let me know if I can help!


Tara Elmore
Re/Max Properties Plus
478.318.2575 C
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice
Home Buying in Macon Zip Codes