Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Los Angeles County : Real Estate Advice

  • All514
  • Local Info30
  • Home Buying267
  • Home Selling32
  • Market Conditions12

Activity 967
A few hours ago
Gary Thomas answered:
Have you thought of creative financing? Please visit our website for more information.
Once there, simply fill out the form and we'll reach out to you. Only reduce the price as a last resort. You have other options. ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 17, 2018
grugie8 answered:
Can I back out of a real estate contract before eatnest money has been paid?
0 votes 37 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 17, 2018
Derek Jones answered:
Are you listed with an agent? If so check the California Residential Listing agreement section 11B. If not checked you agreed that photographs and video may be taken.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 15, 2018
Rich Reed answered:
Hi Alvina,

It doesn't sound unethical, but more information might be required to give an informed opinion.
Check with your CPA/tax adviser, but it seems you would sell for $4K less and incur $4K less in selling cost, so the net would be the same.
Make sure you get the details properly documented in writing and through escrow. If the buyer is financing the purchase, the lender would need to be informed as well.
Hope this is helpful!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 2, 2018
Angelica P answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select Submit listings for sale.

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 31, 2018 asked:
How can I have it changed so it lists it correctly? Also, you show the last
sale date as 1996, but I purchased the home in 2002 for $395,000. I think
it's important to have the…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 30, 2018
Brysonbeach answered:
I need to transfer my beach house to my daughter how do I do this?
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 29, 2018
Mjrukavina answered:
They lagged on getting back to us on the request for repairs or the removal of the contingency on the inspection. They never performed and of course we lost the house. My agent sent a notice to cancel the contract and they refused. We no longer want this drama, how can we cancel? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 26, 2018
Jonathan Hilton answered:
VR tours are very important and will only get more so in the future. I think it also helps get more quality potential buyers. I see so many agents still only using rubbish quality still images for rent and sales and i do wonder how they manage to sell or rent anything at all. With 360 tours you get a much better understanding of a property and a more informed view before meeting the agents. In a sense the real viewing is like the clients 2nd viewing so are not going in cold, our new system clients on a tour can live face time with an estate agent to ask questions or be shown round virtually before meeting at the actual property.
... more
0 votes 62 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 19, 2018
Alan May answered:
Commission, by law, are negotiable. Call a few agents and discuss with them.

Now, that doesn't mean that every agent will reduce their commission... it merely means there isn't one-size-fits-all commission. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 17, 2018
Wadner Cortez answered:
In order for it to be the second unit, it must have its own electric meter, as well as its own address. you should have the certificate of occupancy with all the house papers if not you can go to LADBS and ask them for a copy of your files (10 cents a copy) if you need someone to help you with that and convert that garage into a second unit with legal paper work check the website reference ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 6, 2018
Naomi Britt asked:
Stain is dark with hardwood flooring. Exists in Dining, Living, and small Library. Historic home but not located in a recognized historic area
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 5, 2018
Dan Tabit answered:
Start by asking your attorney. If it's valid, and you agreed to pay her legal expenses in the divorce, they will get paid at closing before you get your money. If you didn't agree to pay her costs, your attorney will know how to address the issue. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 2, 2018
John Torres asked:
I was looking to do a double close but a colleague of mine told me many title co. do not allow this anymore.

Is there any title co. around SoCal I can use for this? And when I say double…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 2, 2018
Faith answered:

Our Trulia Estimate is an algorithm derived from lots of different data points. In some cases, there isn't enough data for it to calculate an accurate enough Estimate. There isn't a way for us to know if it is a matter of data missing or there just not being enough at this time.

Regarding with the incorrect data on your property page that you reported is coming from your county records, because of this, I am unable to edit or remove the information. This data is gathered by a third-party data collector and only updates on Trulia when discrepancies are identified in the next data collection cycle. Unfortunately, we are unable to expedite this process.

That said, you have the ability to edit your home facts that appear in the Owner Information section. This includes editing the number of bedrooms/bathrooms, square footage, home features, description and more. Please know the 'Edit Home Facts' feature is currently removed from all property pages. While we do not have a timeframe for when this will be restored, I can assure you this is only temporary. Our best recommendation is to check with the county to ensure the information is correct at the source.

Please be assured if you are intending to sell your home, you (or your agent if you choose to use one) will have the ability to create a new listing with new information. The new listing will override the off-market property page with the incorrect information. One thing to consider is that when a property is off the market, it does not appear in general research results when consumers are looking through our website, therefore your property is not easily found at this time.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice