Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Ownership in Los Angeles County : Real Estate Advice

  • All506
  • Local Info29
  • Home Buying262
  • Home Selling32
  • Market Conditions12

Activity 28
Sun Jan 8, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Unfortunately an attorney is your best bet. Perhaps you can arrange some kind of fees and payment options with your attorney.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 13, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Currently, we do not have a tool for the consumers to remove their home photos by themselves. Please provide your complete property address and I will be able to assist. You may also send your request together with your complete address via the link below.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 24, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Unfortunately you made a huge mistake. You will need to sweeten the deal now. Try bribery - offer this person some green cash & convince him/her to sign the quit claim deed. If that does'nt work, you will need to pay a lawyer. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 4, 2016
Pinkjelly1234 asked:
My husband wants to remove his name on the title/deed for future medical bills he's encountered. He wants to take care of his bills himself and want to protect our house.
Both of…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 4, 2016
Pinkjelly1234 answered:
In addition, I see that I can download a quit claim deed online for free. Do I just need to print that out and then what should I do and where should I go file?
This is Los Angeles area.
Please help me...

and how long does it take to be effective?

Thank you...
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 26, 2016
Susie Kay answered:
I would suggest that you pick up the phone and ask your insurance.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 14, 2016
Rich Reed answered:
Wed May 18, 2016
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello Lynne, you would have to go back to the site that you listed it on. Trulia does not allow FSBO but their Zillow site does. Some sites like Trulia get the information flow from other sites and can not be changed here.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA or CalVet loan specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 21, 2016
Ricksiegel asked:
Hi, My name is Rick Siegel. I own the house at 3379 Tareco Drive, Los Angeles, CA, and have since August 2001. Your site says that my home is going to be auctioned because of foreclosure…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 8, 2015
Puppyluv asked:
I had a septic guy who came and checked out our septic system and pumped it. Now, my real estate agent is asking for a septic certificate to close escrow. I can have the company who did…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 29, 2015
Amy Castillo answered:
Expect an average of 12 weeks to find your home. (Per the 2015 California Association of Realtors Home Buyer Survey.) That being said it really can vary due to the lack of home inventory causing high competition, your personal flexibility, your financing, etc. I suggest working with an agent who has many good leads on pocket listings (homes not yet on the market.) This way you will be competing with fewer homebuyers. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 29, 2015
Amy Castillo answered:
The HOA can not put themselves on the title to your home or evict you. If you owe the HOA many months of dues then they may have filed a lien against the property. You can ask a real estate agent to pull a "Title Report" from a Title Company which will show what is really going on. Your real estate agent should be able to explain he report to you. Hope this helps. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 20, 2015
Alex Montelongo Real Estate Group answered:
It seems unanimous... You will need to ask a probate attorney this very question. He or she will be able to help you.

All the best,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 4, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
Rent to own is really not a good idea, it can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, it favors the owner; therefore do inform yourself well, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright, or simply continue renting until a purchase can be made. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 16, 2014
Tristam Bielecki answered:
There are no interior photos showing unless the house is for sale/rent. I don't see any photos on the page right now.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 5, 2014
Cindy Davis answered:
Buying a home involves signing legally binding documents. You must be 18 or an emancipated child in order to enter into a contract. You might consult with an attorney to review your options. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 23, 2014
Katrina, You would need to refinance the property. The problem is that your mother may have needed you to do that, to qualify. I specialize in doing the hard to do loans if you want me to look at it I will try. My phone is 714-421-1037. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 29, 2014 answered:
Depends upon the size of your container and how you "set it on the site".

First lets correct a couple of mis-statements. Generally (exceptions are the rule), structures exceeding 120 sq ft require a permit. But you are not limited to 10 x 12. Nor will need a 40' container (good luck pulling a 40' doggy up our twisty narrow canyon roads) The most common container size is 8 x 20.
Containers are self supporting, so a foundation is not needed if you have a compacted well drained flat 9 x 21 pad. Unless you plan to dig footings deeper than 18" you will not need a permit.

Buy a 8' x 20 in good shape.
Find a spot more than 5' from proprety line and 10' from any other stucture or oak tree.
Open up one end of the container by cutting out 2 @ 5'w 6'h window from the side walls. Frame out a 8'ft door. You now have a 8 x 15 shed with a 8x 5 porch.
Set it atop a few scoops of compacted, contained 3/4 gravel.
Viola! you are now code compliant for under $3K.

Not a do-it-your-self-er (or own a tricky lot or want more SQ FT)? Topanga has local outfit that will set you up (for a price) and pull permits if needed.
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 23, 2014
Tammy Hayes answered:
Here are some helpful tips to get you started on the right path.

1. The first step before you do anything is to find out how much money you can borrow from a bank/mortgage company. Check with different lenders to see who can get you the best deal. Once you know what you can afford, then you can begin to plan.

2. Determine what you need in a home, not necessarily what you want in a home. Make a list of those needs to give to your Realtor. When you are searching for homes you will find that it is very rare to find a home that has absolutely everything you are looking for. If you stick to what you actually need, you will have better success in your search.

3. Research areas/communities that are of interest to you. Determine what things are important such as schools, proximity to shopping, restaurants, and local activities. Drive through the communities to get a feel for what they are like.

4. Learn as much as you can about the process of buying a home. Some local Realtors or lenders will offer first time home buying seminars. If you can find one in your local area it would be helpful to attend. If you cannot attend a seminar, look on the Internet for a home buyers guide such as the one at –

5. Select a local Realtor to help you begin your search for a home. You can search Internet sites such as or, but a Realtor has access to all of the homes in the local MLS. They can provide you with information on the home, the area and answer any questions you may have. A Realtor can show you properties of interest.

6. Learn about the contract and what is involved. Your Realtor can take you through step by step the process of a contract. After it is signed by buyer and seller, it is called an executed contract. Then you would want to get a home inspection. If everything is fine with the inspection, then you can go forward towards closing.

7. Know what happens at closing. Again, a Realtor can walk you through what to expect at closing. You will need to have money for closing costs such as title search, processing fees, taxes, and insurance.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice