Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Investment Properties in Los Angeles County : Real Estate Advice

  • All506
  • Local Info29
  • Home Buying262
  • Home Selling32
  • Market Conditions12

Activity 128
Sat Jan 28, 2017
Eleanor Devoe answered:
No yet. I am interested in investing in properties, currently single family and later commericial, and I need to know where I can find a list of properties for sale in the Los Angeles and Orange County, California areas.


Eleanor Devoe
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 16, 2016
Gissel answered:
Depends on which state and city you would like to buy, and lenders take into consideration whether you have a valid SSN for residency or any temporary. In California the norm for a down payment under FHA loans is 3.5%, conventional loans range from 4%+, although the norms will change next year 2017. If you have a temporary visa you may be able to qualify for a loan but a 30% down payment will be requested, along with higher than normal fees for the transaction, such as closing costs. If you plan to buy cash you won't need anything except for the full cash amount of purchase price on any property you would desire to buy.
If interested in Southern California area, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have through my profile.
Sonnocco Real Estate Group
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Nov 19, 2016
Richard Littlefield answered:
You have a couple of risks, I had a customer buy a house with a converted garage about 6 years ago. The city came by and made him take it out. The thing is on a purchase the city really does not interfere, the Termite inspector or property inspector can really only say what is to code.
Permits are hard to understand, the description the city will give you of the upgrades are very vague, to know what is permitted or not you must look at the the blue prints, though the city has a copy of the blue prints they will not show them to anyone, because the architects are quick to sue the cities for copyright infringements if you do. You can just bet t hat someone has been down to the city asking about this, and if you buy the house, the city will show up and demand you pay the cost to put it back to permit condition.
If they lender catches wind of any of this, you will be declined.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 19, 2016
Dorene Slavitz answered:
Hi Edwin,
I would advise you to go to Westwood and see if you find a location that would suit you. Leasing commercial locations would be the arena of a Commercial Realtor (not residential). ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 18, 2016
Kevin answered:
Here's everything you always wanted to know about 90004 Real Estate numbers and trends that you never dared to ask (kidding.... you actually asked for it :) ):

When after years of cold market, a market starts growing and goes high, we may think it's time to sell. Unless it's only the beginning. I think it's going to grow 5-10% per year for several years ahead.

I double date this here so that we can come and check within a few years. It would be fun to check back :)

Kevin - 11/18/2016
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
It depends on the bank, I have listings that answer in an hour and others that take a full day. Simply ask the listing agent what to expect from their seller
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 31, 2016
Rich Reed answered:
We serve Pasadena and the SGV. Contact me through my profile if you would like help. Thanks!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 13, 2016
Gogamuradyan asked:
my son in Porter school so we decide to enroll him for the next year
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 27, 2016
Rich Reed answered:
A salesperson may not accept compensation for licensed activity nor pay compensation for licensed activity except through the broker under whom he/she is at the time licensed (CA BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE SECTION 10137).
If what you did were an activity requiring a real estate license (Section 10131), then it would have to go through your broker.
If you used your real estate license, you would have to follow the rules that apply.
If it were unlicensed activity, then it wouldn't matter that you have a license for that transaction.
Only you, with advice from your attorney and/or broker, can decide if it were licensed activity.
My opinion is that if you help others with the purchase, sale, exchange of real property or business opportunities, and receive compensation, you need a broker license or a salesperson license and be employed by a broker.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 12, 2016
Dorene Slavitz answered:
I believe most loan officers want two years income plus financial docs ( W2's tax returns etc.). I work the greater Los Angeles and Westside Market and have never seen an income property for the price you are indicating. If you can use the cash you have as a down payment on a loan, that might be a possibility. I believe the average price for a one bedroom condo that you might be able to use as an investment is much higher . ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Sep 11, 2016
Dorene Slavitz answered:
It's disheartening to hear about the poor service you received from your agent, but it does sound like you are in escrow and will complete the transaction with this person.
You can complain to the Broker in the office where your agent works and perhaps some resolution could be reached.
I actually never heard of an agent paying for termite treatments, inspections are sometimes done at no charge though. If you cannot get satisfaction from the broker you may need legal advice at this point.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2016
William Lauesen asked:
Sun Jul 3, 2016
Dxb20142014 asked:
I am looking to work with an agent on possibly purchasing foreclosures and/or short sales for for flips in Los Angeles.

If anyone is in interested please email me.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 30, 2016
Lowell Sterling is correct, you will be signing something saying that you will be living in this property. If HUD finds out that you are not doing so, they will call the loan due and foreclose. They do verify these things for one year. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 27, 2016
Sure, if the property is in California, I can help you. If you are paying cash then it really is about finding a house. If you need a loan, it will require at least 25% down.

You can email me at or call at 714-421-1037.

Let me know what you would like to own, and if you will need financing.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6
Search Advice