Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Los Angeles : Real Estate Advice

  • All4K
  • Local Info289
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling221
  • Market Conditions75

Activity 304
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Zack King answered:
Short sales certainly take a very long time and be extremely frustrating for you and the agent you are working with. The problem is the bank has no timeline as far as when they need to get back to you. This can extend the process quite a bit. It really depends on the bank and how quickly they respond I have heard of some closing in as few as 30 days and other taking close to a year. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Zack King answered:
With an all cash offer you can have a very quick escrow. This will also make you offer stronger when presented to the buyer. Where to start now is by choosing a Realtor whom you trust will find you the best place. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Susan Bo'ur answered:
Only one on the market, which is a short sale and already has an offer.
Please feel free to contact me for further info.
Susan Bo'ur Realtor ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Sara Mehrpouyan answered:
It means that the trustee (foreclosure) sale has been postponed so the property has not yet been foreclosed or sold.

Sara Mehrpouyan CDPE
Specializing in Short Sale & Foreclosure
Rodeo Realty
Direct: 818-903-2040
Dre License #01712757
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Kawain Payne answered:
Why are you worried about the house?

Has anyone placed any notice of any kind on the property?

Has the landlord stopped keeping up the property recently?

How long have you been renting the home?

If you fear the home may be in some stage of foreclosure, there is little you can do.
Even if landlord is not paying mortgage as long as you reside in the home you have an obligation to pay your rent. If you fail to o so the landlord can still pursue eviction process against you.

If you have a landlord who is not communicating with you, sounds like you may need to give 30 day notice and move out in compliance with the rental agreement to avoid having the rug pulled from under you when you least expect it.

Best of Luck to You!
Kawain Payne, Realtor
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377 answered:
This property is a foreclosure and there is no address.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 13, 2013
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377 answered:
I'm very familliar with REO/foreclosures and purchased/sold many properties.

Please call me 424-777-9377

Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell  

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!  

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor® 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents - 
Lic# 01896869 
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Thomas Jandt answered:
No, my wife has an NMLS license and helps all of my real estate clients attempt a loan modification with a principal reduction before we ever list a short sale and she has gotten several principal reductions granted. (One recent client had over $562,000 reduced from an $862,000 loan, leaving only a $300,000 mortgage for the client...saving the home and reducing the mortgage from nearly $6,000 a month to $1,600 a month)

Attorneys are TOTALLY WORTHLESS and will steal your money and leave you high and dry! Don't trust ANY Attorney as it relates to loan modifications, short sales, principal reductions, etc...they don't understand how loans even work in most cases.

We had a client go to an attorney and they charged him thousands of dollars and did nothing, we sold his house via short sale in 45 days, completely eliminating his debt, tax burden, etc.

When we asked the attorney to refund the client, he threatened to sue!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Silvana Fino answered:
I use a company called Default Research. I paid for a six month subscription for all of Los Angeles County and it has paid off tremendously for my company.
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Jamie Tian answered:
Hi Tony,

The property you are referring to is not listed for sale.

I would be happy to compile and email you a list of currently available properties that fit your needs and requirements at no cost to you.

Please feel free to contact me anytime with any real estate needs or questions.

Best Regards,

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
DRE #01920120
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2013
carlos parrague answered:
You can call me 510-377-3107
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Guy Gleason answered:
Hi gaytan
Did this situation resolve?

i answered you a couple of weeks ago and gave you a few options.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Dorene Slavitz answered:
Sat Jan 12, 2013
Neal Grusky answered:
Hi Tony
Remember proof of funds statement, and pre approval letters are extremely important.
I have some amazing lenders who can help you out if you need it.


Neal Grusky
DRE# 01890580
Hpremiere Properties
Real Estate and Financing
10940 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1600,
LA, CA 90024 | Office:
(800) 394-1533
... more
1 vote 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 12, 2012
Ronnie Kline answered:
With each property (bank owned or standard sale or short sale), you want to research the value before making your offer. Autmatically lowballing on every home will be a time waster as many homes are already listed for a price under what they will sell for. Do your research and offer what is fair and works for your budget, on each property. Yes, it takes more time and effort, but it will be worth it in the end. If you are working with a good agent, they will do the research for you. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 31, 2012
Kieran Jackson answered:
Kieran M. Jackson, SFR

I've practiced real estate in a market where 80+% of the properties on the market, were short sales. I know a thing or two about it ;-) ... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 30, 2012
Ron Escobar - Local Expert answered:
You are asking a very technical question that may have many interpretations depending on the facts of your case. I would not rely on any advice on this forum, and instead would seek a title insurance policy by a top rated title insurance company.

That said, MERS is a database for which banks/servicers/note-holders belong to... rather than recording each time the note and or deed is assigned to another, they recorded to MERS, and MERS keeps track of who it is assigned to... then if there is a transaction that warrants it, they record the last transaction with the county.. supposedly they get around the legal requirement of recording the assignments because they all belong to the MERS entity... There are many legal theories for and against it... since it is so popular and big in the system, most courts go along with it, otherwise it would destroy the system and create chaos.. however there are some judges that rightfully so (I think) question the validity of the transaction and title chain...

If you cannot get a title insurance policy, you may have to go to court and file a "Quiet Title Action" suite where the court would rule and clear all title issues.

I hope this helps you, if you like my answer give it a Thumbs Up! or select it as the Best Answer.

Ron Escobar
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 30, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
Trying to understand what difference this would make to you?
You don't say if you are the Buyer or the Seller,
And since this happened in California; everything probably got RECORDED with the County anyway.

If you are the Buyer, your Title Company will make sense of it.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Jane La Trace answered:
Hello Packard,

You do have options that can certainly save your home if you want to stay in your home.
I advise you to check out the following programs available to homeowners under the HAMP, HARP and DOJ programs expanded criteria.

After you have reviewed the programs, go ahead and give me a call so I can let you know how to prepare your package to submit to Wells Fargo.

Best regards,
Jane La Trace
888.803.1740 *118
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 7, 2012
Douglas Perez answered:
Address all business matters to the owner on file. Record a lien against the unit for non payment. And start foreclosing the unit. Probably by then or before, this individual could present some legal documentation for his stay in the unit. Get legal advise from a real estate attorney and an eviction attorney.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice