Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Los Angeles : Real Estate Advice

  • All4K
  • Local Info289
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling219
  • Market Conditions75

Activity 302
Fri Jul 21, 2017
Truegem781 answered:
How to become proficient or learn about, title searches, Deeds, foreclosures and bankruptcy?
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 10, 2017
Umangmahendra answered:
i have deed copy of my house, so how can i find out deed number. only there are mention two number instrment number and invoice number
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 28, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
If the seller is renegotiating the outstanding mortgage to keep her house, it means the seller is not motivated to sell and if her lender approves, you will need to move on and find a different home to buy. Your HUGE issue is getting your earnest money returned. As noted by Rich Reed, I agree - what were you thinking by depositing earnest money without a signed contract by both parties? Do you have anything in writing that if the offer is not accepted, you will get your earnest money back? If you don't have anything in writing, you can kiss your earnest money goodbye. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 13, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Typically lenders are in 1st position and they supersede the HOA to foreclose. However, HOA's can garnish your income or file a legal claim on your bank account in order to collect the money owed. I'm sure the HOA has your bank information and your employer's information or your Social Security number. At this point, contact a lawyer. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 15, 2017
Ponceraqueel6 answered:
Raquel ponce
I'm looking for an agent who works on forclosures in the la crescenta Ca erea
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 8, 2017
Yoldess Mettiji answered:
Send me any questions/concerns you have. I am happy to research the property for you.

Happy Buying!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 8, 2017
Yoldess Mettiji answered:
Office of Historic Resources is a good to check
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 13, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
What do you want to know? We specialize in the San Gabriel Valley, but I'm sure you could find a local Realtor in San Pedro to help you. Not every Realtor knows how to find information on foreclosures, so find one that does. Best of luck to you! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 4, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
Your question would be best answered by your legal counsel, not your Realtor (unless your Realtor is also an attorney). Here is some general information:
Hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 29, 2016
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello Writethemom, you should consult with the Inland Mediation Board in Los Angeles which is a free tenant and landlord advice service. They can advise you but it sounds like you would have to start the eviction process to be legal. Give them a call and keep us posted as to what they say and the outcome. Here is a copy of their brochure in the link below. Good luck.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 18, 2016
Michael Ward answered:
If your looking for a good Property Preservation company try

They always took good care of me and even though their clients were pretty picky when it came to pictures they have a lot good honest work. They also pay weekly for most jobs so that was extremely helpful when I was starting my company up. I no longer work for them since I got a big enough customer base over time and could not take meet certain deadlines for them. But I would recommend them to anyone trying to find an honest PP company. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 19, 2016
Abner.coelho asked:
Im new to real estate and still learning how many different proceedings there are for the purchase of a property. But here is my curiousity, I saw a foreclosure property listed on a legitamate…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2016
Dorene Slavitz answered:
I don't think the bank will extend any money to a tenant for relocation. Your best bet would be to speak with the owner. Given the situation, you may not be able to negotiate any assistance. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 15, 2015
David Brundige answered:
Good question, Emina - a couple important notes from an agent with experience in this matter:

1) Your apartment is under RENT STABILIZATION if the building you live in was built before 1978 and it has a Los Angeles city address. That applies to the vast majority of apartments in Los Angeles, and in that case, you are entitled to stay in your apartment and pay the same rent (with a 3% yearly increase).

2) Sometimes when the bank owns the property, they don't bother collecting rent. That doesn't mean you don't OWE it! The new owner is entitled to collect all of the rent you haven't paid, so save your money and hope the new landlord isn't savvy.

If you or any landlords have questions about rent control, contact me at my blog below.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 12, 2015
Rich Reed answered:
The words and numbers that are used to describe the location of a building and that are written on letters, envelopes, and packages so that they can be mailed to that location, but that's not important right now. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 26, 2015
Daniel Castiel answered:
I would be happy to work you. Please feel free to contact me anytime at (310) 584-7721
if you have questions.

Daniel Castiel
GoldStar Realty
(310) 584-7721
BRE #01023338
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 22, 2015
Darlynemichaels asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 18, 2015
Lynnkiaa answered:
Well this is a good news bad news situation for you. The good news is there is almost a 100% certainty the first mortgage will not pursue for more money. While the loan is recourse, if it was refinanced, they will almost certainly do a non-judicial foreclosure and will not be allowed to pursue you for more money because of California's one action rule.

Now the bad news. Any seconds, thirds, ect. will be allowed to pursue you. You may be allowed to pay them off, for less than what is owed but you can bet they will try and get some money from you. You also have no protection from cancellation of debt income because the loan is recourse, you took money out and it was not your primary residence. It is even possible, though unlikely, you could owe capital gains taxes because of all the deprecitation you have been taking.
... more
0 votes 25 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 12, 2015
Ddawson answered:

A client of mine was also scammed by these folks as well. I'm looking into these folks. Can I contact you or you contact me?

thank you

Dawson, Esq.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice