Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91335 : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Mon Aug 29, 2016
Carmenwinston818 asked:
Mon Aug 1, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Probably not a good idea to post your phone number. This world is full of crazy people. Your county records department has a database of properties showing when the NED was filed. (Notice of Election & Demand). ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 25, 2016
Arpad Racz answered:

I would check with a local contractor to see what the local rules are for permitting after the fact.

Kind regards,

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 4, 2015
Cindy Davis answered:
A buyer in California can walk away for any reason with their allotted inspection period and still get their money back.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 19, 2015
Danaleman answered:

nonprofit organization
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 3, 2014 asked:
Mon May 19, 2014
Barmick answered:
Hi Dan, I'm only seeing your response now. I did do inspections, $1500 worth, which I thought was enough. As I've now moved in, the list gets longer and longer; from my brand new dishwasher actually being 12 years old, pouring cement into the plumbing; to cutting the wires coming into the house (apparently much cheaper than rewiring phone and cable lines- the list goes on and on.

I am trying to fix the items, but with a fixed excess cash flow which has now disappeared, there has to be a way to warn people about buying a property from this guy. I'm infuriated ......
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 19, 2014
RonS answered:
If it goes to sale, the loan servicer will pay the HOA dues that are due and/or past due.

Prior to sale, and depending on how delinquent you might get, the HOA can foreclose. If you aren't paying your mortgage, why pay your HOA? ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu May 30, 2013
Rafael Ordaz answered:
Portola M.S. is a great school, my Daughter attends this school, the kids are great. It is an open enrollment school. Its hidden in a residential area with small streets. You will not see any gang activity near this school. Rafael Ordaz ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 30, 2012
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
what is your question? Expand so we can give you a useful answer?
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- or Check out my website at htttp://
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Ludy Ivonina answered:
Hi Ludivina,
I'll be glad to help you with.Please provide me more info regarding location,# of bedrooms,price range.

Thank you.
Ludy Ivonina

Email: ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Susan J Penn, PA,SFR,CDPE answered:
Dear Kat,

The answer to your question is dependent on trying a short sale verses a foreclosure and knowing the difference between the two. Usually with a shortsale your turn around time is much shorter to purchase again- 2 years, with a foreclosure the time period is 5 to 7 years. Speak with an attorney and a certified publlic accountant.

Susan Penn, PA, SFR
EWM Realtor
2000 Main Street
Weston, FL 33326
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 31, 2011
Vinece answered:
NO, NACA is not a scam. It takes time to go through the process. They look at what you can afford based on all of your bills and monthly expenses. They want you to be a sucessful homeowner. I am almost complete with the process. Of course other mortgage brokers are going to tell you differently because they want you to go through them.

I always tell people, it cost nothing to go to one of there seminars to get the information. Then make the choice yourself. You will be doing yourself a favor.

No you do not have to go into their office all the time. I started this process in Aug last year and have been to the office 2 times for my appointment.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 15, 2011
Joanna Jensen answered:
Hi Todd,

What stage of foreclosure. If you are now the true owner of the property and you have at least 7 days before that sale date you MAY have options.

1) you can bring cash to the table to cure the default any time before 5 days before the sale date.
2) You may be able to negotiate a forebearance with the lender explaining the situation.
3) If your plannin on occupying the residence and the home fits the criteria of HAMP I would immediately submit a loan modification package.

for Hamp
1) Loan balance when loan was originated needs to be $729,950
2) owner occupied
3) loan was originated before 1/1/09
4) total payment of the FIRST loan including principal interest taxes insurance and hoa is more than 31% of your gross.
If you meet all 4 of above you may be eligable for the Making Home affordable modificaiton which offers you protection. However this is not typically the only mod servicers/lenders offer.
If you submit your complete package 7 days before the sale date the lender / servicer to review you for a mod.
This of course can be done on your own but I do suggest using an experienced Law Firm.
The lender does work differently with a Law Firm then they do with an owner.
JoAnna Jensen
Legal Assistant / Realtor
Volo law Group / Legal Realty


Not intended as legal advice.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat May 22, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Depends on your finances/assets--visit with any qualified loan officer(s) first, see if you qualify, see what your budget can handle, have your credit checked, etc., then go from there.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 8, 2010
Emelia Sanchez answered:
Your father in law may be unemployed but must have income coming in from somewhere. Which he used to get a loan. Could be pension, social security etc all acceptable means of income.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 20, 2009
Yanni Raz answered:
It sounds like a mortgage broker that is looking for money, but he is doing it in a little bit shady way.
For pre approval you don't need to pay anything, but you do need to pay processing fee at closing of the loan.
This mortgage broker have found two innocent borrowers and he takes adventage of them to make quick buck, don't fall in that trap.
You can good deals out there from banks and the government, he is not the only broker out there that can help you, you can find thousands of agents out there.

Let me give you the source that all real estate agents use to look at properties that are on the market.
Click the link below, its 100% free for you to use.

Good Luck.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice