Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Investment Properties in Logan Square : Real Estate Advice

  • All77
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying19
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 1
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Evelyn S. Fred answered:

Start with the zoning certificate. I too had this happen where there was a question in regards to the zoning of a 2 flat and the certificate was issued as a 3. I would highly recommend you speak with the attorney handling your closing. The certificate is your starting point! If that doesn't solve your problem go to the alderman's office and work with them.

Another issue that may arise, if the above doesn't work & if it is brought to light, is when & was the work done legally meaning with permits. If not, you may still be able to convert however, now you may have to get permits for deconstruction and reconstruction....too many details for this forum.

Exercise due diligence and good luck!
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Search Advice