Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Liverpool : Real Estate Advice

  • All35
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 15
Ihatems26, Home Buyer in New York, NY
Sat Jun 18, 2016
Ihatems26 asked:
Are there any programs for a soon to be divorced wife, low income, daughter in college and I have a disability. I live in New York, Onondaga County.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
USMortgageRa…, Real Estate Pro in Plano, TX
Fri Jan 30, 2015
USMortgageRanger answered:
There are several ways to accomplish this task and i would be honored to go over the various ways with you in person. We here at The Federal Savings Bank would like to introduce you to our H.E.LP.P Home Loan Purchase Program where we underwrite and approve your credit income and assets without a specific property. We will then issue a letter of commitment to lend based on the selected property meeting the underwriting guidelines. This letter lets sellers and Agents know you are serious qualified buyer and they will be more enthusiastic to work with you.

We are the Nation only veteran-owned, federally chartered bank with a focus on educating customers about the mortgage process and providing opportunity for home-ownership nationwide. We're a direct mortgage lender/ Servicer not a broker. That means no middle man and no broker fees. We handle the entire loan process in-house from processing to underwriting, funding your loan and finally servicing your loan.

I recognize that you are very busy, so I am only asking you to spend 6 minutes with me to discuss your needs so we can determine if we can be of service to you. After answering just a few simple non-credit related questions (I do not need to pull your credit report in advance) I will be able to email you some options that will allow you to immediately determine if we are the right choice for you and your family.
Please give me a call to make your dreams a REALITY.

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
The Federal Savings Bank
Mobile: 469-347-3572
Direct: 512-717-0403
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Samantha Lee, Real Estate Pro in Greenville, SC
Wed Mar 5, 2014
Samantha Lee answered:
Hi Bambi; you can use whatever attorney you would like; we always suggest using a real estate attorney. The attorney that represented your bank when you bought the property can help you. If you use a real estate attorney It really helps the process go much more smoothly. Do you already have the buyer? Are you selling it to a family member or friend? If not give me a call anytime; or even if you are; 315-657-6181 I can goo over what the value of your house is in today's market. Also if you don't have a buyer already we can brainstorm ways to find the buyer that will pay the most. No strings attached. :-) have a wonderful night. Wow; that was a book! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Julianne O'R…, Real Estate Pro in Manlius, NY
Mon Dec 30, 2013
Julianne O'Reilly answered:
In Onondaga County, you can go online to,

Simply click on the Real Property Tax Services tab, then on the left click on Property Tax Information Search, the click on the highlighted text that says Click Here (for Onondaga County Properties).

You will be brought to a Parcel Search page where you will type in the street # and then the street name, click Search and you will have the Property Details page.

From there you can click on tab "Report" on the left hand side (5th one down) and there you will see under "Sales" when and how much the owners paid for the house.

However, sometimes this information is so old that it will be necessary for you to call the particular town clerk to obtain this information.

Either way, it is public information and easy to get (once you know how). Hope this helps! Feel free to contact me for any help with this or any other Real Estate related matter at (315) 656-8300 - Julianne O'Reilly - -
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Julianne O'R…, Real Estate Pro in Manlius, NY
Mon Dec 30, 2013
Julianne O'Reilly answered:
The first thing you'll need to do is pull your credit report. Go to and get a copy of your credit report from all three of the major credit reporting agencies: equifax, trans union and experian, You can order one, two or all three or simply stagger them a few months apart. Carefully review the report(s) for errors. If there are any mistakes, dispute them. Depending on why your credit is 'bad' will determine what steps you'll need to take to correct the problem. Time will heal this, if and that's a Big "IF" you don't continue to make the same mistakes 1) Not paying bills on time, 2) having too much debt 3) charge-offs, foreclosures, bankruptcy, etc.. It is a very good idea to contact a credit counseling service in your area for free help and guidance. Good credit takes time and consistency, but you Can Do It!! Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
tiffylan123, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn, NY
Sat Nov 30, 2013
tiffylan123 answered:
There is a long and short answer to this question, and I will give you the short answer first:

Take that two years to clear up your credit, and that means putting your money towards outstanding credit card bills and loan notes, and other expenses that you have swept under the table and have left you in the mess you are in, then getting a very low limit credit card and responsibly building your credit back up... there is no way to purchase a home or qualify for a mortgage with bad credit. This probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but buying requires cleaning up your credit. However, there is a second option you'd probably like better than this one:

Find a home "for sale by owner" or "for rent", and try to negotiate a rent to own arrangement with them. Rent to own allows you to live in the home of your dreams and pay rent on it, and a portion of that rent goes towards your down payment to purchase the home in the future (So your two year goal might just work for you!) You strike up an agreement with the homeowner that it will take you X amount of time, usually in years, to clean up your credit and purchase the home. This option is actually ideal for people in your situation, take it from someone who has been there.

If you want to be successful with option number two and get into your dream home, you'll probably have a tricky time finding a house for sale that you love where the owners are willing to get into this type of arrangement with you. Usually they need to have a rent to own arrangement already on their mind, and these are sellers who are ready to get the property off of their hands as soon as they can and need instant cash flow, so they're willing to take a chance on a rent to owner.. but it does make them feel better if you've been pre-screened and they know you are going to be a reliable and trustworthy tenant.

There is a way to make the whole rent to own process much easier, faster, and find the right home and right seller without searching for months on end, and that's leaving the dirty work (contracts, negotiating, finding the home and seller) to an experienced home investor or real estate broker. Investors don't charge you for these services because they are making a profit off of the home as a go between, so you don't have to worry about commission fees like you would if you were using a real estate agent. Not to mention, many of them have experience with home appraisal and mortgage arranging and can help you out significantly in these areas, even suggesting how to fix your credit.

I can give you the contact info for the investors I went with when I was looking for my home, they did an amazing job finding me a home and making sure the arrangement was something I could live with to make sure I was able to buy the home and get my credit straight in time. Visit their website and fill out their interested buyers list here:

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Lynde Bachman, Home Buyer in Liverpool, NY
Fri Oct 25, 2013
Lynde Bachman asked:
Nicole, Home Owner in Clay, NY
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Nicole answered:
Sorry to hear, did you have a conversation with the agent first?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Anna M Brocco, Real Estate Pro in Williston Park, NY
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no link is visible, contact any local agent/realty office for an updated status of the property....
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Anna M Brocco, Real Estate Pro in Williston Park, NY
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
A public record is information that is generally collected by a government entity and made public; therefore such listings may not necessary be for sale...
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Wed Jul 13, 2011
Don Tepper answered:
As Ron says, most insurance companies. It costs a lot more than an occupied property, but you shouldn't have any trouble finding a company willing to insure it.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
George Tucci…, Real Estate Pro in Cicero, NY
Tue Jan 11, 2011
George Tucci Jr answered:
You nailed it Maureen...* Contact, interview, and "hire" a local Realtor *
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Jerry Coe, T…,  in Liverpool, NY
Mon Apr 14, 2008
Jerry Coe, The answered:
This listung has expired. However, if you are interested, I will contact the owner asking if you can preview the home.

If you provide an e-mail address, i can forward the most current listings from our multiple listing service using your criteria and area(s). Additionally, as new listings come available, this propgram will promptly e-mail you. This program provides the most accurate and current information possible.

I have been in the real estate profession for 26 years and am conversent will all areas in Onondaga County and its environs.

I acn be contacted at: (e-mail) and 315-430-6661 (cell/voice).

Anticipating hearing from you.

Jerry Cor, The "Hat Man"
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Liverpool Zip Codes