Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Linden : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Thu Mar 16, 2017
a98cr125 answered:
Tue Nov 3, 2015
Sotoc2831 answered:
my house got sold in auction how much i have to pay to get it back
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 26, 2015
Mary Ann Stadler answered:
Mon Dec 15, 2014
Judi Monday, CRS answered:
I would have an agent give you a market assessment of your home in its current condition vs. the value with a new kitchen. If you feel the difference is enough to warrant putting in a new kitchen then do so. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 15, 2014
Lisa Foster answered:
Im sure you are being represented by an attorney for the divorce proceedings... start with your divorce attorney. They will be able to guide you in the right direction.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Gavin Cloutier answered:
Ya call me I'll help you. List the property and do some great marketing and cut your losses. Either that or ? walkaway and ruin your credit. Good luck call me I can help you 2482450629
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri May 31, 2013
Melissa Wiggans answered:
Many people are still renting, but there are also a lot of people taking advantage of low interest rates. The real estate market is very competitive for buyers right now in much of the country for this reason. If you're trying to decide if you should rent or buy, I would suggest contacting a local realtor for advice. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Curly Sue answered:
1. Please stop yelling.
2. He refinanced your 2nd mortgage? If he is the only one on the note you wouldn't be responsible.
3. Yes, I would think you can get a lien on the house...if he ever sells & there's equity in the home you would be paid. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Russ Ravary answered:
You will be able to buy a house, so long as you show your divorce decree showing that you have no responsibilty for the debt. Your new mortgage company will accept that
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Anna answered:
There is not a specific way but I personally recommend Ryan Eashoo at Re/Max. His # is 234-1234. He sells a lot of houses in Linden, and also has a lot of buyers in Linden. He is very good at assisting his clients in purchasing HUD, Foreclosed, or short sale houses so that they may get the best amount of house for the best value. I know plenty of people who have used him and they have never been disappointed.!! :) ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 2, 2012
Shelly Masica answered:
Hi Kay,

You have received excellent responses below and all directing you to working with a local realtor ... I can help you with that! :) I am a local realtor in your area and would be happy to provide you with a market analysis of your current home and talk about your options for purchasing a new home.

Shelly Masica ~ CDPE, ABR, ePRO, SFR
Keller Williams Realty, Realtor/Partner/ALC
Cell: (810) 569-7907
Fax: (888) 607-4435
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Haig Istamboulian answered:

To answer your question it depends on what type of mortgage you qualify for and how much you would like to put down. If you qualified for a conventional loan and wanted to put down at least 20% of the apparaised value of the home, then go that route.

If you wanted to put down less, then go for an FHA loan that will require a minimum 3.50% down plus closing costs. But remember, you must qualify for either loan and it will depend on what the lender comes back with on an appraisal. If the home appraises low and you basically have zero equity, that and your down payment will determine the type of loan you may qualify for.

Talk to a lender if you are working with one, if you are not working with one, let me know and I will give you a few people you can call and talk your sutuation over with.

I hope this helps to get you started, but more information will be needed to fully help you.

Thank you,

Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 23, 2011
Rich Homer answered:
We are wondering why the hesitation in engaging a local Realtor. It is much easier to have a personal consultant than hope to get the correct answers on this 3rd party website. Try here ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 6, 2011
Tam Nguyen answered:
You can go physically to see the actual property then you can check the property record on accessor county.
Another solution is calling directly to customer services on accessor or treasure county on that area.
You can search on google accessor map keyword.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Any local agent can help you, contact any realty office(s) and inquire--or for by owner rentals--check local print media, word of mouth, any real estate related web site, etc.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 11, 2010
Donna asked:
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Jason S Hill answered:

The lender may approve a short sale depending on how long the home is listed, the value, and other case by case facts. If the home is currently up for sale lenders some times allow a short sale as opposed to a foreclosure. Are you sure you are unable to secure the loan on your own? There are a variety of financing options available for both you and your parents that may not require a down payment of 20%. Please contact me with any questions.


Jason S Hill
First Mortgage Corp
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed May 28, 2008
smith3gary answered:
Mike, One way or another a Title Company will be involved. I agree with Missy, it may only take a quit claim deed but a Title Company could prevent having a blemish on the Title when it's time to sell.

Using your current Title might get you a discount. I would call to verify and shop around. Hope the home turned out nice.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Linden Zip Codes