Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Lehigh Acres : Real Estate Advice

  • All672
  • Local Info49
  • Home Buying213
  • Home Selling14
  • Market Conditions45

Activity 25
Sun Jul 21, 2013
Greg Bennett answered:
Better to get in now because the market is changing and the houses are thinning out. Just bought at 89500 and it is only going to increase in value.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Danielle Sharp answered:
They have to provide you with a copy of your credit report if you request it. Also contact the credit bureaus to request a copy of your credit report from each of them. Errors on reports are more common than they should be. If it is not your debt you can dispute to have it removed. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Normalina Martin - Top 3% answered:
Hi Mohammed,

We work with Real Estate Investors needing private money instead of hard money loans so we partnered with a Private Money lender who lends to investors on all kinds of projects nationwide and provides many options to choose from since NO deal is the same.

* Offering rehab funding
* Gap funding
* Partnership in the deal

Feel free to submit your deals to become approved based on the property and not on credit:

Agents & Brokers are always protected. Call 407-796-1496 x 102

Normalina Martin, Licensed Real Estate Broker
Distressed Asset Specialist
Clear Vision Realty & Associates
"We Solve Ordinary Real Estate Situations in an Extraordinary Way"
407-796-1496 x 101
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Erik Alicea answered:
If you are going through the short sale process on your home, your Typical wait will be 2 year wait. You may want to look into getting a private loan if you have any cash available for a down payment. Most private lenders will require 30% down. But you really should not buy until after your short sale is final. If you have the cash for a private loan, and are ready to buy, email me @ ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 12, 2013
Sarah Garrett answered:
Hi there Mr. Van Vooren,

There are many fixer uppers out there but you will need a professional to help you find them and that is where I am happy to help. I have provided you a sample of a 2007 home that needs some work but is priced right. Let me know how I can further assist you. You may also you my access to the Gulfcoast MLS: until you arrive in order to keep track of your favorites. Thanks again for your question.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2012" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Cell: 239-464-8620
Link to a fixer upper:
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Carolyn Giandonato, Realtor answered:
I have a lot in Lehigh Acres and quite a few in Cape Coral. With the right terms I would offer you seller financing. Give me a call 239-243-4082. I also have clients with vacant lots in Cape Coral that might do the same.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Shelley Hughes-Spradling answered:
Or you could do a lease with the option to purchase 10% down and monthly payments acording to the purchase price in one year. The tenants have the pride of ownership and you make upwards of 705 higher return then doing a strating rental. I am a fourigne national investor from Canada and now living in Florida for the past 12 years. I would be happy to help you in putting this all together.You also want to make sure you have a u.s. a company set up to prevent having to send money to the irs. Read this befor you do anything

Call if you have any questions after reading how that would all work.
Shelley Hughes -Spradling
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Susan Hofmann answered:
Sellers of short sales will have to wait 2-5 years until they can apply for another mortgage.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Alma Kee answered:
WIth your very low loan amount you may want to try a credit union. Otherwise the lender related fees may be extremely high.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 9, 2010
Ben Ostroff answered:
Do not enter into any business with William Hogarty or Jim Rivera. His business is being investigated by local and federal agencies. If you want more details or information please contact me ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 9, 2010
Marc Comisar answered:
I would go ahead and check with a lender.....that will allow you the best idea. I have a great lender I can recommend if you need.
239-898-5329 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 3, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
No, not unless you pay "loan shark" rates or find an owner who will owner-finance. Also you will need a substantial down payment. And if the loan amount is less than $80k you will probably have to go to a small bank or credit union because your loan is not worth the effort for a broker. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 26, 2010
Manu Kapoor answered:
If u need to sell, just do a short sale & get out of the real estate. But if u could afford the payments & want to keep the property as primary residence, then do not think twice. Do loan modification.
Thing and analize your financial situation. AND ACT.
Good Luck
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 1, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Simply put you have 2 options, if both loans are with the same lender you will have a better chance of accomplishing anything if there is 2 banks involved. In order to quailfy for a loan modifciation or a short sale, you have to show a hardship or inability to pay your current mortgages, in most cases they will not assist you if your only problem is your house is worth less than you. If you do quailify, Your first call should be to the mortgage compoany and ask for home retention, ask them if the cann assist you with a loan modifciation. If not ask them for a short sale package. worst case is you have 2 seprerate lenders for the 1st and 2nd mortgage. The problem being the first wont want any money going to the second, and the second wont release their lein unless they get something. You will need to find a realtor who is expereinced in short sales in your area, they can assist you in negotiations. If you do not know any short sale brokers, i can assist you with providing some names in your area through my referral network. Good luck with trying to work things out ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Luke Allison answered:

We allow more than 4 properties financed but you have to be purchasing your primary residence for that to be allowed - not an investment or second home. I'm not sure if that is your situation or not, but I can help you if it's your primary.

Luke Allison
Bank of America Home Loans
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 21, 2009
Troy Roberts asked:
I am looking to find other investors to partner with on a few property deals and I am wondering what would be the best way to offer low to no tax ROI. Would a limited partnership be best?…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 27, 2009
James Bayfield, Foreclosure Specialist answered:
go to for the answer.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 6, 2009
Tim Copenhaver answered:
I am on Colonial Blvd. in FT. MYERS....been doing this for over 12 years and I'm very good at what I do. If you want a professional, give me a call.

Tim Copenhaver
Mortgage Specialist
First Capital Lending Corp.
3848 Colonial Blvd.
Ft Myers Fl. 33966
239-277-9244 (Office)
239-265-1084 (Cell)
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 2, 2009
Mike B answered:
Luis, what is your question? Most elenders will want a 620 credit score minimum to make a mortgage loan currently.

Best of luck,
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Financing in Popular Lehigh Acres Neighborhoods