Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Laveen : Real Estate Advice

  • All63
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying16
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 6
Thu Aug 27, 2009
Abe Mills answered:
I feel listing it as assumable will get some quick attention, but I would also drop the bottom out of it, and try to sell it conventionally as well. Get with a good REALTOR as soon as possible, you might only have one shot at this.

Good Luck!
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 7, 2009
Robert G Hertzog Jr answered:
There are a multitude of things that a Realtor would need to know before answering your question. My first suggestion would be to contact a Realtor that is a CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert). Our company deals exclusively in helping Sellers through the Short Sale process, and we are CDPE's. I think you would find our website very informative. Please take a moment to visit, and call me with any questions. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Joe Bourland answered:
In the short sales that I have participated in, a few times the banks have paid the back HOA fees and fines. Of course, ever bank and situation is different. During the negotiations with the lender(s) will be the only way to accurately determine what will happen. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 3, 2008
Joshua Jarvis answered: and - you won't get a lot of hits but you can sign up for free and I've done BPOs for them. Not sure about your area, but i average one BPO per month with an increase as of late as I've gotten more efficient. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Michael Rizzo answered:
The short answer is to first have a realtor do a good estimate of value on your house in Laveen. That realtor must show you not only where the market was a 2 or 3 months ago, but where its headed. Try to stay away from the "I think" agents. Have them provide you with the hard statistics and you'll be able to make your own decision. If you can get enough to buy a house in the east valley, then your decision is easy. Likely, you'll need two realtors to represent you, one on the listing side and one on the buy side. The two locations are too far apart to expect an agent to be capable of expertly representing you in both areas. That's why I wouldn't take your listing in Laveen, but would be happy to represent you in your purchase in Tempe or Chandler. This is a fantastic time to buy even if the market drops a little more. If you're going to be in your new home for 4 or 5 years, I would bet that any coming depreciation will be more than made up for in a few years. The long and short of it is.....if you wait, your house value may continue to drop and you'll have to wait for it to recover. When your property recovers so are the ones in Tempe and Chandler. You have severe competition with new home builders in Laveen where this is not the case in Tempe and north Chandler. I'd suggest that you formally gather your facts and then make an educated well-informed decision based on fact and not emotion or opinion. Call me if you need an expert in the east valley. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 8, 2007
Ulises Romo answered:
Patric has had good advice, Take a loss or Wait. That's the only real options in this market. It is sad to say this but, you may be better of waiting to sell unless you have sell.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Laveen Zip Codes