Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in Las Vegas : Real Estate Advice

  • All3K
  • Local Info243
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling170
  • Market Conditions78

Activity 111
Thu Apr 30, 2009
Damon Botticelli answered:
It all depends on the floorplan of the home. My home faces South and I really like it because we don't have many windows in the front. The big windows are in the back on the North side and since they hardly get any direct sunlight, we can leave the blinds open so the rooms feel bright, but all from indirect light. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 30, 2009
Helene Moore answered:
There are many companies which appear to offer foreclosure relief that will require consumers to sign contracts which involve turning ownership of a home over to the foreclosure company and leasing the home back to the consumer with a buy back option at some future date. Many companies prey on consumers fears of losing their homes. Many of these scams are designed to fail .

An example of one scam known to be operating in Nevada: The perpetrator solicits victims directly through the mail with promises to help a homeowner from foreclosure by saving their credit and negotiating directly with their lender. The perpetrator will offer to buy the house for the total amount owing on the house, plus some small amount of cash.

The scamers will require the homeowner to sign a deed, a transfer tax form, and a contract of sale. The deed provides that the seller (the victim) is selling the house to a corporation. The perpetrator pays the cash to the victim and assures him he will take care of paying off any mortgages on the home. After the seller moves out of the house, the perpetrator rents the house, does not pay the mortgages, and the house goes into foreclosure. The scamer can continue to collect rent until the foreclosure process is completed. The homeowner collects none of the rent, and, once foreclosure is completed, the renters are evicted.

Assistance is available from licensed debt credit counselors, government agencies, and legal services. Seek advice from qualified professionals who do not have a personal interest in your decision.

Consumers may contact the Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection about home foreclosure "rescue" scams at (775) 684-1180. A complaint form, as
well as other valuable information on consumer protection, is also available on the Attorney General*s website at
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 30, 2009
Len McGuirk answered:

If you are still looking for a home in 89081 priced under $250K with over 2500 square feet, let me know. I just listed a new property on the market today with over 2600 square feet priced at $225K! You could have first crack at it if you are interested. I posted a link below to this new listing. It is a beautiful home with an excellent price! You can call me if you would like to take a look at it or if you would like me to help you search for other homes that would interest you. I look forward to hearing from you!

Len McGuirk, Realtor
Prudential Americana Group
Cell: (702) 203-6688
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 9, 2009
Marilyn Orcutt answered:
One more thing that I forgot to mention Darren is that I have several investors that have fully furnished units for rent. It is not so that they require 6 months lease contract. Regulations in most condos CCRS are that they must be a minimum of 30 days. Two of these investors are in the Summerlin area, others are in different areas. It can be one of the few situations that you can actually not have to come out of pocket for any of the mortgage and other costs associated with the rental. However, if it is vacant for even a month then you have more out of pocket expense. These rentals are like walking into a motel with all the linens, dishes, high speed internet, phone and basic extended cable. They cost the tenant much less than a motel and it attracts people who are waiting for a house to close, or a company sent them in for temporary jobs. So far my investors have been very fortunate in this area, but there are never guarentees. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 25, 2008
The Ballen Group answered:
If you have an agent as stated in your message, she would have access to all of the MLS information that we have.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 1, 2008
Aaron Wheeler answered:
You may want to consider a condotel project where your unit can be rented to hotel guests while you are not using it. These units are fully furnished. Please keep in mind that you will be making contributions towards FF&E (furniture, fixtures, and equipment) replacement as there is wear & tear over time.

There are many to choose from, including but not limited to CityCenter, Signature at MGM Grand, Trump, Palms, etc.

It is generally more difficult to obtain financing for a condotel project.

Please contact me for more information.

Aaron Wheeler
Oakville Properties
+1 (877) 765-2347
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Marilyn Orcutt answered:
Hi Rebecca,

Now that you can find in Vegas-a big front porch. A wrap around might be a little harder to find, but you can certainly find the porch here. Probably one other thing that you might find difficult is the size of the lots here, depending on what price range you are in. There are newer homes that resemble older ones and one particular builder does have porches that wrap part of the way. Are you in Vegas now? If so, let's set up a time where you can look. A word of caution-don't visit a new home builder without me. Once you walk in the door here you can't be represented by an agent and the onsite agent only represents the builder. Besides excellent representation, there are often benefits that I can pass on to you that you would not receive on your own. Plus representation is free to you, so it is to your advantage to use it.

Hope to have the opportunity to meet you.

... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 12, 2008
Damon Botticelli answered:
Hi Bob,

My son will be 7 this summer, and your question is one my wife and I have spent a great deal of time talking and thinking about recently. As a Realtor however, I need to use care when voicing my personal opinion about things like schools or locations etc...
What might be a "good" school to me, may not be what someone else would consider a "good" school.

You can find statistical information by school on my site at

You can also find information, standardized test results and parent opinions at is the Clark County School District website where you can get info including zoning information by address.

I would recommend visiting a few public schools as well as private. I've heard people speak highly of Challenger, Las Vegas Day School, The Meadows, and Alexander Dawson private schools.

When you do find an area or school you're interested in, I would be happy to set up a customized HomeFinder website for you to assist in finding your "ideal" home in Las Vegas. View homes within a specific school zone, price range etc... the criteria we can set up is more detailed than anywhere else on the web, and the results are complete with pictures, addresses, maps, aerial images and more. (Click on my profile to contact me.)
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 20, 2008
Roberta LaRocca answered:
Hi Linda,

Obviously Leisure and Hospitality are the top employers, but the economy has diversified as you can see from some of the employers and industries mentioned. The rankings of the next top 10 Las Vegas employment categories are...

Trade, Transportation, and Utilities

Professional and Business Services

Federal, State, Local Government


Education and Health Services

Financial Activities


Other Services


Natural Resources and Mining
... more
2 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 2, 2008
Donald J. Leske II answered:
Hi Pat,

Of course my input is that you contact a local Real Estate Agent, naturally.

But guess what? - No kidding, I actually had looked into an area near Huntington Beach for a vacation property and called a local Agent I found on the web. You can find some online, but a local agent will give you more help. Not all do rentals, some do however and many are listed on the MLS too. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 31, 2007
Luxury Mortgage Group answered:
Here is a direct link to the clark county assessors office where you can look that information up!


0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
2 3 4 5 6
Search Advice