Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Largo : Real Estate Advice

  • All199
  • Local Info15
  • Home Buying48
  • Home Selling9
  • Market Conditions26

Activity 9
Mon Aug 28, 2017
Cac1 asked:
Tue May 3, 2016
Jacquie Yekmalian answered:
You can call your local city and report properties that are un-kept.
They will send someone to document it and send citations.

Good Luck

Jacquie Yekmalian
Serving Florida Real Estate since 2000


Blue to Green Realty, from the sea to the 18th tee
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 10, 2013
Graham Munce answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 7, 2013
Carol Claudon answered:
According to the MLS information, the property is pending (under contract) and it lists its expected closing date as 9/30/13. It was on the market 8 days before being moved to "pending" status.

If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Carol Claudon
CENTURY 21 Top Sales
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun May 20, 2012
Genti Qari asked:
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Pamela Cohn answered:

My condolences on the loss of your Mom. As others have stated, the mortgage attaches the promissory note to the house. Many mortgages and/or promissory notes will state somewhere that the debt is inherited by the estate. This is guided by your mother's will if she had one. You should have an attorney review the mortgage papers, will and your situation to see what the best option in your family's situation is.

Jesse Berkowitz with Berkowitz Law Group in St. Pete works with Short Sales, Foreclosures, Debt Harassment and Bankruptcies. He does give a free consultation as to what your options are. His number is 727-344-0123.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.


Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 11, 2011
Alma Kee answered:
Hi Elena,

You can look online to see the minimum bid required by the Plaintiff bringing the foreclosure action.

Some lenders will lower their bid below the final judgement amount.

If you are planning to occupy the home as your primary residence, you may be better off with buying one of the many Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac foreclosed homes.

There is a nice pool home in a great neighborhood that needs some work but you may be able to include the cost to fix up the house in your mortgage with an FHA 203K mortgage. It will definitely need a new roof.

You're welcome to browse like a Realtor on my website:

All the best,
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 29, 2011
Mott Marvin Kornicki answered:

Lenders and banks usually have boilerplate clauses that they include in contracts and counter-offers that cover them in "worst case" scenarios. If the new owner intends on leasing the property AND they are ok with you as a tenant- you should be fine. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice