Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Langley : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 10
Tue Jul 28, 2015
Christopher Pagli answered:
you can't change the old listing it's now public record and in the past. Your agent would have to create a new listing.

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 15, 2014
Kary Krismer answered:
You would probably be better off asking this in a Texas forum, not a Washington forum.

I could tell you that if you were selling here in Washington you could sign down in Texas, but I don't know about Texas. Are they a state which uses escrow agents to close? If so you can probably sign anywhere. In any case though, I suspect there's a way to do what you need to do. You can't be the first person outside of Texas trying to sell. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 29, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Rather than focusing on percentages review a market analysis with your agent; be mindful that much relies on exact location, condition, size, price, etc., therefore the statistics for percentage differences between list and sold prices are useless... ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 3, 2014
Kary Krismer answered:
The breakwater is somewhat marginal. ;-)

Seriously, you should look to local law enforcement websites for this type of information, or third party sites which compile that sort of information. Real estate agents will be reluctant to provide that type of information because it can be seen as "steering," which ironically I believe is another nautical term. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 29, 2013
Billiegh asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon May 21, 2012
Edmond11 asked:
What is the average monthly rental cost in a mobile home park in the state of Washington?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 14, 2010
Kevin&Carol answered:

All the responders here are brokers or agents, which means they are salespeople. What you want is an _exclusive_ buyer's broker, who does not list or sell properties or represent sellers also. The only one I found on Whidbey is Bert Benehoff. He's extremely knowledgeable about the market, land development, geology, soils, water, permits, contracting, building, farming, etc. and he's based in S. Whidbey and only covers Whidbey. Will work with MLS listings, FSBOs, and even properties not listed. I find him very down-to-earth, trustworthy, and enjoy having him work for me remotely. Like you, I'm in S. California. He offers different fee schedules, we chose to go with a retainer against commission, with his fee increasing as a percent of the amount he negotiates off list price. Yes, he will negotiate for you. And no, we have not bought our ideal property yet. Check out his website. You can tell him we referred you, if you wish.

Kevin & Carol
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Emelia Sanchez answered:
Two (2) Years Tax Returns*
(include all schedules & all pages - Federal Return only)
Two (2) Months Bank Statements*
(include all pages)
Two (2) Months Pay Stubs*
Hardship Letter
Personal/Household Financial Statement (FreddieMac Form unless otherwise indicated)
Letter of Authorization
Purchase Contract (Include all Counters and/or Addendums)
Listing Agreement
Estimated HUD Statement
*Must be consecutive
Your agent should advise you if any other items will be required.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 23, 2008
Samuel Hilbert answered: posted this question in Washington state so may not get good answers from the agents. Try reposting the same question in the Arkansas area...typically you would see many more responses by now if posted in the correct area. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Langley Zip Codes