Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Lancaster County : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 443
Wed Nov 15, 2017
Cbdavcon asked:
Mon Nov 13, 2017
Ateach4kids asked:
I signed a Standard Agreement for the Sale of Real Estate (PAR) but have since found another house Im interested in. The Seller has also signed the contract. I have not sent the earnest…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 24, 2017
Kim asked:
2.7 acres, add'l rooms added, 2 car garage, sold to me as single dwelling modular and refinanced in 2011 as the same-now appraisal states different.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 17, 2017
Brennan_sandy asked:
Mon Oct 2, 2017
see that ? need a great place to live in Pa..that fits my budget for SSI just want a one bedroom apartment that's close to public trans and also clean and very peaceful (and maybe a…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 21, 2017
Mallorietoulson asked:
Fri Jul 28, 2017
Martin Hernandez asked:
I have cats and 3 rabbits. My rabbits have cages and and do not run around in the floor. Please let me know someone who can help me find a place that accepts pets.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 28, 2017
Martin Hernandez asked:
I am looking to move near Elizabethtown PA, but I do have cats and 3 rabbits. My rabbits have cages and do not run on the group nor are free to roam around. The 2 cats are litter trained…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 5, 2017
shelia mcdonald asked:
I am also interested in renting a home in Lancaster, Texas or even Mesquite, Texas and wanted to know if you only have rental properties in Rockwall.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 28, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Unfortunately I learned from another landlord on Zillow's Q & A before it was shut down that tenants (renters) abuse the emotional support dog certificate - either getting a doctor to sign it or fraudulently claiming they are entitled to an emotional support dog when they are not. This is part of the reason for the difficulty.

Another issue is homeowners insurance for landlords. Standard insurance policies do not cover liability or damage from tenants pets. Since landlords do not want to be sued, it's easier to either have a "no pets" policy or to accept small pets by weight. There are specific breeds which insurance companies do not cover period. Pit bulls are one of those breeds.

If you are renting, it is your responsibility to buy pet insurance with liability and damage coverage. Once you show proof of insurance, landlords will be more willing to accept you. The issue is if anything happens because of your pet, you will be sued - not your landlord.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 15, 2017
Lancaster Ironworks asked:
My name is Lauren and I am the property manager with Lancaster Ironworks. I have one rental listing that I would like to "boost." Zillow no longer does ad boosting for rentals,…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed May 31, 2017
Sarina asked:
by August 1 I'm currently renting, but owner has chosen to sell the property, so I need to move. I would prefer to stay in Shipley's Choice, but definitely within SPHS school district.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed May 24, 2017
Leah.kauffman.aa asked:
hi i have been looking on this site for awhile and am looking for a place that will accept german shepherds but there is no filter to see which ones will accept them thank you
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice