Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Lancaster : Real Estate Advice

  • All243
  • Local Info16
  • Home Buying74
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 96
Mon May 22, 2017
Mary answered:

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we currently do not have listings for rent to own homes. You may try your luck though and search our website using the Keyword section of the search filter which can be found in the All Filters button. However, these listings are extremely rare.

Let me know if you have additional questions and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 13, 2017
Frank Di Egidio asked:
would rather not be I n a mobile home park where lot rent is required
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 11, 2017
Jasmine Lee asked:
Thu Sep 8, 2016
Guillermo Arroyo asked:
Mon Jun 13, 2016
Gabriellelchurch asked:
Sun Mar 27, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you are new to buying bank owned homes, it is always good t o hire a buyer agent who is WELL experienced with bank owned homes, not all agents are. You then should prepare a proof of funds form that you will need to make an offer. Where REO homes are sold as is, you should inspect everything you can before making an offer and adjust your offer accordingly. Having a good agent can assist you with what the home is worth as is and what it will be worth fixed. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 24, 2016
My NC Homes Team answered:
No, you already have a home that's your primary home and if you buy a condo nearby you're not going to convince the lender it's a second home. From a tax persepctive you definitely don't want the condo to be considered your primary either. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 26, 2016
Michael Heisey answered:
Tue Nov 17, 2015
Ann Bomberger asked:
My boyfriend and I are looking to purchase our first house together. My boyfriend is English and currently living in the US on an 18 month Visa, while working together a more permanent…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 3, 2015
Lynn Lauver answered:
There are several locations in southern PA which will offer a relatively decent commute to Baltimore. Eastern Lancaster county, Southern York county and even Southern Adams county are all nice areas with easy access to Baltimore. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 22, 2015
Carlacquik answered:
I want to report vandalism at one of your foreclosed properties in Seat Pleasant, MD 20743

Who can I give this information to.
This property was foreclosed on last year and the person is still living in the property and has asked me to find someone to tear it up on the inside ... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 17, 2015
Albiecardew answered:
Installing a slate roof can be a big expense mainly because it is such a good investment. If installed properly, slate roofs can last longer than most other types of roofs. Likewise, slate is typically a nicer looking type, which can increase the value of your home. I would suggest contacting a roofing company or realtor to see what they would advice for your home type and area. It may be worth the cost of investment. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 15, 2015
My NC Homes Team answered:
Unless you've been given a number and name of someone to speak with specifically about your property you'll find it nearly impossible. If you are the homeowner being foreclosed on you could start by calling the number listed on your mortgage payments but again you're more likely to find this to be an exhausting and ultimately unproductive use of your time. The best advice I can offer you is stop wasting time, and speak to a local attorney who specializes in real estate and get them involved before it's too late. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 21, 2015
Karen Peyton answered:
If the property is actually "condemned," it may be nearly impossible to get money aside from a hard money loan. If you actually mean "rough shape" an intend to live in the house - ask a lender about an FHA 203K loan. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 8, 2015
Ali McEvoy asked:
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice
Home Buying in Lancaster Zip Codes