Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Lakewood : Real Estate Advice

  • All50
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying20
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 6
Tue Jul 26, 2016
Maricris A answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select “Submit listings for sale.”

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you’re on Zillow’s posting page, please make sure to select “For Sale by Owner” under the address field. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 6, 2012
Deborah Madey answered:
You do need to get legal advice from an attorney. My response is not legal advice, but my understanding as a REALTOR.

Heirs inherit both liabilities and assets. The estate is responsible for liabilities, and the answer to whether that includes the mortgage is not within my scope. But, I believe that is definitely worth pursuing.

If the estate does not have liquid funds, or they simply decline to pay, your lender will enforce it's rights to collect in any way it can. If you are able, it might makes sense to pay the full mortgage and protect your interests in the property, and your credit. Collect what is owed to you later, but protect your credit now.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Dennis Knight answered:
John is right. Without extenuating circumstances, one tenant could sell their own interest, and would result in changing the existing and new owner as just tenants in common.

Rely only on the advice of a lawyer though. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 30, 2010
Lyle Wolf answered:
Your neighbors are foolish, don't follow their lead. Forget the fines, the real risks to you are legal with respect to liability if there is a fire after the buyers close and even worse if someone is injured or dies as a result. The fire inspection involves having working fire/smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and a fire extinguisher, in or by the Kitchen. None of these are costly and they are easy to install. Check out the specific requirements in your town, then do it right. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jan 31, 2010
Diane Glander answered:
You should contact your agent or the listing agent. Listing agents usually are responsible for the information here and Trulia requires listings be updated on a regular basis or they are withdrawn automatically. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Heather Daccurso answered:
Hi Dianna,
Like Pamela said the first step is to contact a real estate attorney. You can only sell your mom's share of the house. Your Stepfather's heirs would have to be involved to sell their share of the house. Therefore in short, yes your stepfather's family does need to be involved in order to sell the entire house to a new party.

Heather Daccurso
Weichert Realtors-Howell
626 Route 9 South
Freehold, NJ 07728
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Lakewood Zip Codes