Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Lakewood : Real Estate Advice

  • All49
  • Local Info11
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Fri Sep 29, 2017
Adayonly asked:
Thu May 3, 2012
Kawain Payne answered:
Hello Taina,

I would not advise you to spend that kind of money. That being said. There are some low cost things you can do to bring new life to your kitchen and bath without breaking the bank here are a few:

1 Fresh paint
2 New light fixtures
3.Wash your cabinets and change the knobs and handles
4. Change the water faucets
5. Instal new towel racks in the bathroom
6. Clean a shine up the floors

You can buy most of the items above at your local HomeDepot or hardware store. If you live close to one try the Habitat home stores. They sale overstocked items from other home improvement retailers at low prices. There is one on Harbor Blvd in the City of Garden Grove. 22fwy exit Harbor go North.

You will be surprised what a difference a few small changes can make.

Best of luck to you!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue May 1, 2012
Kawain Payne answered:
Sadly some banks engage in double tracking...

This means as the loss mitigation department is working with the owner on a short sale approval, at the same time the foreclosure department is moving ahead with the foreclosure process.

If the home actually fails to close escrow before the foreclosures process is completed the home can be lost to forclosure.

This is a sad case of one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing and the home owner gets burned.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 1, 2012
Kawain Payne answered:
The summer buying season is just around the corner.

We are already starting to see properties move faster, and multiple offers are making a comeback. If you are planning to sale ,now would be a very good time to list your home with a realtor.

That being said, try to talk with your niece, inform her you will be puttting the home on the market.

Let her know she should start looking for a new place to live. Try this approach first since she is family, maybe she will do the right thing. She is not paying you any rent , so you have nothing to loose if she moves out right away.

On the other hand if she will not leave on her own accord you will have to start the eviction process. Just make sure you follow the letter of the law. You may want to consult an attorney just to make sure any action you take is within the law. I hope it does not have to come to eviction. I hope she has enough love and respect for you to do the right thing.

If you would like information on current market conditions in your immediate area email me your proprty address. I would be happy to do a market review for you. (no cost no obigation)

Best of Luck to you.

Kawain Payen, Realtor
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 25, 2011
Michael Abram answered:
Hello Ann,

There are a lot of factors that go into calculating your qualifying abilities as a buyer. I would speak to a loan officer so they can properly calculate all your qualifying ratios and give you the most accurate breakdown of your buying capabilities based on your desired scenario. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to give me a call or email.

Michael Abram
First Capital Mortgage
NMLS #235060
Direct: (310) 434-1718
Fax: (310) 451-6407
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed May 6, 2009
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
Donna - I guess you didn't notice, but this question was asked in 2009 - over 4 years ago !

I am pretty sure, and would hope, this person has already moved.

I see you're new to trulia, so you may not realize the date the question was asked is just under the question - in a very lite gray font - easy to miss if you're not looking for it! ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 22, 2008
Harrison K. Long answered:
Jenefer ... you asked about procedure if you want to buy our your siblings from a home inherited. You need a qualified California lawyer for this. If you are in the OC, we recommend that you contact Tom Peterson, estate planning lawyer, 714-662-7740.

Harrison K. Long, Realtor agent and Broker, Coldwell Banker Previews

For the best home and property search site, check out
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Lakewood Zip Codes