90638 : Real Estate Advice

change location

cancel or


Rachel, Renter in New York, NY
Rachel asked:
I have a section 8 voucher for 3 bedroom, I am looking for a house for rent I need a 3 bedroom house for rent in city of Whittier , California
0 votes Share Flag Mon Aug 29, 2016 For Rent in 90638
Neil Roxas, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA
Neil Roxas answered:
I want to save a home into my Saved Homes but when I locate the home I cannot figure out how to save the address into my Saved Homes. Help!

You may follow these steps on how to save a home on your Saved Homes page:
1. Sign in to your Trulia account.
2. There is a heart on the upper right of the property photo.
... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon Jul 11, 2016 Foreclosure in 90638
Debra (Debbi…, Real Estate Pro in Livingston, NJ
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
I am looking for an Agent who is willing to work at 1%?
well...........there you go!

ask and Ye shall get!

You found one Linda....best wishes!
1 vote Share Flag Sat May 31, 2014 Home Selling in 90638
William McDo…, Real Estate Pro in Norwalk, CA
William McDowell answered:
looking for a sfr rental/lease listings in the are of Hillsborough 90638
That is a nice area you are looking at. But not always a lot of rentals. Besides the normal websites you would go to, just take a little time to drive around the areas you like. I have ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu May 15, 2014 Using Trulia in 90638
Chuck  Chavez, Real Estate Pro in La Mirada, CA
Chuck Chavez answered:
Selling my house, listed on Sunday, 4 days ago , a lot of showing but no offers so far. Some seemed really excited but no offers given .
Hello Maggie,
Does the conition of the home reflect in the current price? How does your home compare to the competition? If your getting a lot of activity but know offers, chances are ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Jul 25, 2013 Home Buying in 90638
Fernando Her…, Real Estate Pro in Irvine, CA
Fernando Hernandez answered:
In your experience, how much different is the Good Faith Estimate to the actual cost during closing?
Just becasue you are receiving an estimate for your closing costs, this should not be a reason for a sustantial change at time of closing. In fact, this is why there is new laws in plac ... more
1 vote Share Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012 Home Buying in 90638
Carlos Barron, Real Estate Pro in La Mirada, CA
Carlos Barron answered:
How can I check if the improvements in the house I am planning to buy are permitted? Can I get copies or blue?
The city of La Mirada building and planning department have most of the permits on file for most homes, I have called them in advance of a visit and they have been nice enough to have ... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon May 21, 2012 Home Buying in 90638
Ruth and Per…, Real Estate Pro in Los Gatos, CA
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
My two loans are in total 585k, i need to refinance because the interest is to high. The average sales in
Hi Desperatehomeowner

Regret to hear of your problem.

You need to work with your Mortgage Holders under the HARP programs.
The Government Loan modification are working now.

ht ... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon May 7, 2012 General Area in 90638
Bob Movin-On,  in Hartford, CT
Bob Movin-On answered:
In a short sale on the 1099s is the reported value the difference of proceeds from the amount owed or is the amount on the 1099 or just the sale price
You have started in the right direction, but the lender can add any costs they may have incurred since the default.
I am sure you were behind on payments, those plus all late fees can ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Dec 28, 2010 Foreclosure in 90638
Jimmy Esqueda, Real Estate Pro in West Covina, CA
Jimmy Esqueda answered:
can you tell me what banks will do a father to son sell of a house with the prop 13 tax bill?
Banks have nothing to do with the re-assessment of your property. Your son should be able to obtain financing wherever he qualifies. The exemption to transfer the prop 13 taxes falls ... more
1 vote Share Flag Tue Oct 26, 2010 Home Buying in 90638
Keith Manson-…,  in Milwaukee, WI
Keith Manson- Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin answered:
Can seller keep deposit if I cancel transaction given loan contingency was not removed?
It all depends on the contract, the deadlines outlined in the contract and the parties involved. The real estate agents can not release the earnest money until both parties sign the ca ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri Apr 30, 2010 Home Buying in 90638
Joanna Jensen, Real Estate Pro in Livermore, CA
Joanna Jensen answered:
On a short sale where the bank requests the seller to sign an unsecured promissory note as a condition for approval and the seller refuses to sign.
Depending on the value of the home and the the equity in the 2nd loan..
for example, lets say the home is worth $400,000 with a first loan of $425,000. It doesnt make sense to sign a ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Mar 14, 2010 Foreclosure in 90638
The Hagley G…, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA
The Hagley Group answered:
I have found a foreclosed property. It is owned by Federal Home Loan Mort Corp. what is my next step?
Find a local Realtor to represent you and make an offer on the home. Good luck!
0 votes Share Flag Thu Apr 9, 2009 Foreclosure in 90638
Meredith Mca…, Other/Just Looking in North Carolina
Meredith Mcallisterm Certified Housing Counselor answered:
The Homeowner Stability Plan "is limited to loans held or securitized by Fanni Mae or Freddie Mac"
You can check if your loan is owned by fannie mae on their site or by phone at 1-800-7FANNIE (8am to 8pm EST). http://www.fanniemae.com/homepath/homeaffordable.jhtml;jsessionid=DTPIQRZ4 ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Mar 5, 2009 General Area in 90638
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Keith Sorem answered:
In relocating to another state, how far in advance should I get pre-qualified for a home?
The key is that to qualify for a loan, you'll need to be able to qualify AT THE TIME YOU BUY. So having continuity in employment is essential. I would focus on lining up your next job ... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon Nov 17, 2008 Home Buying in 90638
Jeremy Lehman, Real Estate Pro in Anaheim Hills, CA
Jeremy Lehman answered:
Is their such thing as govenment assistance for people who are about to face forclosure on their home?
Hi Nancy,

I second Cindi's advice. As Keith said, there are legitimate companies out there, but you should always try to deal with your bank first. It is in your bank's best interest ... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon Sep 8, 2008 Foreclosure in 90638
Charita King…,  in Downey, CA
Charita King - Short Sale Specialist answered:
Seller says he will shoulder $10k of closing costs. The GFE from our lender shows "closing" cost of $12k,
If you had an agreement that only 10k to be paid by the sellers, that will only be the cost that he or she is required to pay. I believe the additional 2k is your pre-paid loan interest ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun May 18, 2008 Home Buying in 90638
Search Advice


Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer