Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in La Mesa : Real Estate Advice

  • All83
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying16
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 6
Thu Aug 6, 2015
Shannon Anderson answered:
Actually the contract has changed and it was common practice for some agents to ask the seller to pay for section 1 repairs up front...CAR has removed that from the contract and has added it to the buyer request for repairs, so unless it was agreed to up front that the seller pay for it, then no, it is not a requirement. Even if it is a lender requirement, any lender will allow the buyer to pay for those repairs. I close several VA deals and while the buyer cannot pay for the report, they can pay for the repairs. It is negotiable during the request for repairs as to who will pay for the work. Hope this helps
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 25, 2010
Kari Shea answered:
Hi David,

We have had the same isse and customer servce helped us out. Sometimes we also entered listings manually, however, it does work better if you can enter your listing number and customer service can do it for you.

Best to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Serving Greater San Diego
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 26, 2010
Philip Hessling answered:
Time to make apologies- I just checked the MLS listings for Carbo Court- There is no active listings for Carbo Court. Time to restart.
Philip Hessling, Century 21 Horizon San Diego
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 28, 2010
Homertsimpson answered:
Hello John, the short answer is NO but you'll probably want to contact your attorney and/or accountant to confirm a few things with them.

I hope this was helpful!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 13, 2009
Jed Lane answered:
Nothing to add to the long or short answers except do not rely on the advice of a real estate agent to decide if sellinig and short paying your loan is what you should do. Talk to an CPA and an attorney to decide, once you've decided it is what you need to do then bring in the Realtor.

Any agent that advises you to sell short or advises you on your financial options is working outside the legal bounds of thier license.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 1, 2008
Ron answered:
Hello, having an appraisal is a good start. Testing the market is at your discretion , if someone likes the home, they will meet your price.
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in La Mesa Zip Codes