Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in La Habra : Real Estate Advice

  • All39
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 21
Tue May 2, 2017
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello yelimkoo, you would need to put it in a bank account for two months to be seasoned to be included in a mortgage consideration. Are you in escrow already?

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
Credit Repair Advice At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 68 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 1, 2017
Cassmccarty asked:
Tue Dec 2, 2014
Alex Montelongo Real Estate Group answered:
Your best bet is to work with a buyers agent. Your agent should be able to get all of the information that you need to purchase a property.

All the best,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic # 01456982
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 2, 2014
Alex Montelongo Real Estate Group answered:
Yes, as long as you are still within your contingency period. To strengthen your request for a lower sales price, you should "back it up" by documentation such as an inspection report or appraisal report.

Best of luck,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Thu May 16, 2013
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
In this senior community the space rent for the land is $890. This is a very nice park. I have shown property in the park
When are you available to see it ?
Are you paying cash or need financing ? If you need financing I can send several lenders that lend on mobile homes/ manufactured homes

Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Noelle answered:
Thanks to you both. It does clear things up and yes it's a pain in the butt. I'd be happy to provide all the docs to the sellers lender to see the details of how I am prequalified, but that is all, and yet it's still not enough. Inventory is low and it is a sellers market and believe me, listing agents are taking full advantage. It certainly is all business in real estate. Thank goodness my agent is on it, I'll get there :). ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
LOL!! Ron, when will you ever get it? Or are you just jabbing me? Mobile Homes were manufactured before June 15, 1976. Since then they've been HUD Manufactured Homes. They haven't been licensed through the DMV since June 15, 1976.

They're either "Local Property Tax" (LPT) or "In lieu of Property Tax" (ILT) both under the jurisdiction of the "Housing and Community Development Department" (HCD) until such time as a 433A is issued certifying that they are on an engineered approved foundation system compliant for a resident owned property.

Please don't continue leading viewers on Trulia to believe that Manufactured Homes are still called "Mobile Homes" and that they need to be licensed by the DMV. I'm going to catch you if I can every time and correct you in front of God and everybody. You're a good guy but this misleading information must stop.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 12, 2012
Morcos Azer answered:
Thank you every one for your answer. It did help.
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 1, 2012
Morcos Azer answered:
Buyer can assume the loan if assumable. Also buyer can buy subject to loan if seller agrees to stay on the note. Also buyer can buy with AITD. All depends on circumstances and agreement. ... more
2 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 3, 2012
Eden Lim answered:
Did you move to La Habra yet? If yes, give us your feed back, and stop by our office in La Habra if you need any help.
2 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Eden Lim answered:
City of La Habra is where my Office is located. Here are some links that will help answer some of your concerns:

Eden Lim
... more
3 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Morcos Azer answered:
It always better that you have your own agent to avoid the conflict. Yes, there are some agent like to keep all commission to themselves, but trust me you do not want to have one of those agents to represent you.
Also, do not find the properties yourself, let you agent do it for you. He will get paid any way. Most of the websites you are searching will show the pending sale properties as active, when it is not. Your agent has access to the right information.
... more
2 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri May 4, 2012
Brian Head answered:
The party that bares the consequence is the party that delayed the closing. In this case, it's the Seller holding up the transaction. Either Party can issue a "Notice to perform" and, if that Notice goes unaddressed or expires then the party harmed can seek to cancel the transaction or stipulate new terms to the transaction. Such as pay for loan term extension fees "Rate Lock Fees for example. It's always best to try and resolve these matters as a win-win. However, sometimes one side will try and take advantage of the other. Start by communicating with your Agent and understand the Purchase Agreement. It's all spelled out within your contract.
Best Regards,
Brian Head, Realtor
Law Offices of Joel Feinstein
949 306-3556
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Alain Picard answered:
If your purchase contract had an addendum in it saying that you had a certain number of days to have a home inspection and if you didn't like the results you could cancel and receive your earnest money refunded to you then you should be able to get your earnest money back. If the agent isn't answering your calls then try to talk to the office manager or you could try to call the escrow company that was holding your earnest money because they would probably be the ones refunding you. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 25, 2011
Laura Fox answered:
Don't know what your issue was, but a GREAT local termite and pest is Ladybugs Termite & Pest, here in La Habra.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 21, 2011
(mac) Loganda Mahesh answered:
I have a listing in the city of Orange, CA Which is very close to City of Anaheim, CA .
3 Bed 2 Full bath. If you are interested please let me know.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 18, 2011
Karen Parsons Fiddler answered:
Hi again,

I've seen another question from you too? Have you talked to your agent? I'm concerned that you are asking these questions on a public forum when you are in escrow and represented by an agent? If you feel you are not getting your questions answered by your agent, you can call the office and talk to her/his broker.

In general....while you are in your contingency period these are the things you discover and deal with. If the bank will not give you termite clearance, you can ask for a credit, reduction of price, or change your mind entirely. But talk to your agent and get some help with your options.

Good luck with this purchase, I hope it's all resolved for you.

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 20, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
Dear Yesenia,

1) Is the house a pre-foreclosure Short Sale?

2) Did the bank already foreclose and owns it?

All the best,
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 20, 2010
Connie Bramble answered:
Ok so just making sure, the landslide happened before you bought the home? I am wondering why the inspection did not pick that up. Did you know about it before you closed escrow? What did the neighbor whos hme was damaged have to say? Did they tell the bank about the problem? Although the bank has you sign disclosures saying they don't know anything, they are obligated to tell the truth. Did they know?
You should contact a Real Estate Attorney, tell them your story and go from there. Check with you neighbor about who knew. Did the Realtor who sold the property know, if so they should have disclosed it to you.
and if you knew about the damage before the purchase why is this a problem at all? What was the damage and why could you not see it or the property inspector se it? Very odd. Call the attorney if you feel you have been unfairly treated or damaged.
Best of luck to you,
Connie Bramble
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in La Habra Zip Codes